Letsgotrade.com

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Grabbit, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkamp

dkamp Guest

Does jeffm work for an SL4 competitor? Who knows?

Give up trying to figure out who is who up here, or what their real intentions are. IMO, we should stick to following the information trail, and ask questions (such as what AAA has been doing). It's easy to find specific things to criticize about a product or a promoter's responses without us having to psychoanalyze everyone who starts a thread.

#61     Dec 17, 2001
  2. Well, first off, what happened to YHOO's price after each signal was given? Could you discern any correlatation b/w with the stocks price action and the SL4's signals?

#62     Dec 17, 2001
  3. dkamp, I'm with you. I couldn't care less who works for who, all I want to know is ...

Is there any validity to the technology?

That's the only thing that matters.

ProTrader1

#63     Dec 17, 2001
  4. dkamp

dkamp Guest

...also, are the signals weighted in any way? Looking at NQ today, I can see more like 20-40 entry points (using my own system), but would be willing to believe 80 are there for a system that is set to be less discriminating, truly scalp-oriented (and which claims to be so much smarter than us dumb traders).

#64     Dec 17, 2001
  5. mjt

mjt

I already closed the application that shows all the signals for the day. Once you close it you can't get it back.

#65     Dec 17, 2001
  6. What does that mean??? You have NO idea how the system performed today?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

#66     Dec 17, 2001
  7. mjt

mjt

That's correct. If you're able to demo the software, I think you'll see how difficult it is to evaluate its signals at the end of the day. Especially since it seems to be more of a scalping tool. Even if you watched in real time, I think it would take quite a long time of watching signals being generated, as well as learning what to look for in terms of confirmation, before you could evaluate whether this software was effective.

#67     Dec 17, 2001
  8. jeffm

jeffm

Does jeffm work for an SL4 competitor? Who knows?

LOL! I wish. Like Levi Strauss, the big money is selling bluejeans to the miners. No, I'm just an e-mini trader grinding out some profits in my trading account, and working part-time to fill in the gaps.

I may not work for a competitor, but I've sure seen enough of them to know you need something besides flowery prose (or technobabble in xcowboy's case) to generate positive trading results.

Hard facts like those mjt is getting from his demo will tell us a whole lot more than vendor advertising. We are certainly owe mjt a debt of gratitude for spending his limited time to test out SL4. I admit that I will selfishly not spend any of my time on the demo unless I see some promising responses from other demo users.

:cool:

#68     Dec 17, 2001
  9. jeff, from the sound of mjt's post, we aren't gonna get squat from his trial. there must be some way of measuring this systems performance in a reasonable period of time?? mjt, have you tried scalping small shares with real money using the system's signals? Is there any way of focusing on the large main elements while ignoring the fine discriminations??

ProTrader1

#69     Dec 17, 2001
  10. 80 entries??? that should satisfy those who complain about chatrooms not giving enough calls. what a money machine...for the broker. LOL.

The market is open 6 1/2 hours. There are 12 five minute bars per hour. That means there 78 five minute bars per day. So you are getting an entry on virtually every five minute bar. I would love to trade this system but I am afraid I would get carpal tunnel syndrone.

#70     Dec 17, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.