Letsgotrade.com

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Grabbit, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

I welcome your questions and will provide you with precise clinical answers>>>>>>>>>
    Hope you all are having a great trading day:)

#121     Dec 20, 2001
  2. i had an extensive look on your website and your "trading tips". You claim to have found a method to recognize MM's interests by having your software watch L2 data. I cannot help, but i doubt it works successful.
    Here are some major flaws:
    - Many MMs are doing large prop trades via ECNs. You cannot realize this with SL4. It is impossible.
    - Many MMs disguise their tactics by not showing off real sizes. But sometimes they do. That cannot be predicted even in slow stocks with only few MMs.
    - You can never guess if, lets say MSCO, is just reflecting an uninteresting customer order or doing "the real deal" on their books.
    - Many "interesting day trading vehicles" like JNPR, BRCD, NVDA etc. have an very large ECN market share (maybe over 50%, i did not go for current numbers)

You have a rather aggressive marketing, that may convince some people, but the problems I have described above will prevent me from believing in it forever.
    Correct me if I am wrong

#122     Dec 20, 2001
  3. dkamp

dkamp Guest

SL4CEO: Could you put your answer to this latest MM question on your new thread (this one's gotten awfully long and mixed up)? Thanks.

#123     Dec 20, 2001
  4. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

SL4CEO,
    I had an extensive look on your website and your "trading tips". You claim to have found a method to recognize MM's interests by having your software watch L2 data. I cannot help, but i doubt it works successful.
    Here are some major flaws:
    - Many MMs are doing large prop trades via ECNs. You cannot realize this with SL4. It is impossible.
    - Many MMs disguise their tactics by not showing off real sizes. But sometimes they do. That cannot be predicted even in slow stocks with only few MMs.
    - You can never guess if, lets say MSCO, is just reflecting an uninteresting customer order or doing "the real deal" on their books.
    - Many "interesting day trading vehicles" like JNPR, BRCD, NVDA etc. have an very large ECN market share (maybe over 50%, i did not go for current numbers)

You have a rather aggressive marketing, that may convince some people, but the problems I have described above will prevent me from believing in it forever.
    Correct me if I am wrong
    ****************************************************Thank you for your question>>>>>>>>>>>>
    IMPOSSIBLE you say.............
    Well I am obviously not going to fully debrief you with regard as to how the systems exactly analyze the Level II and other data source feeds........
    But I will delicately approach the science of it by definining event............
    Event: A MM is attempting to establish asignificant psition in his assigned stock..........
    Q: Do you believe that this market mker can
    a...Be neuro-analytically profiled as was Kasparov was beaten by DeepBlue?
    b...Do you believe that the market akers on tha sametrading floor are reflective of and disposed to performing the same "suite" o dceptions and functions in order to misguide conclusions as to their whereabouts and pln of action.....
    c....Do you believe that a market maker (being a single individual) being assigned to he same stock each day when attepting the same course or plan of action........
    d....Do you or do you not beliee that market makers are visually inspecting and determining their perceived opponent mrket makers resolve and the order flow that they my be receiving based upon their actions, inactions, sequence of movements on the chessboard..........
    e....Do you believe that the ostensibility and expansiveness of a market makers actions are reflective of the mgnitude of their intentions.........
    f.....Do you recognize a Level II scren from second-to-second as an exact an excting mathematical formulae or merely random and obscure movements
    g....Would you believe if you saw the botom-line results LIVE!
    Great email mauro@sl4trader.com and see if all this talk is what you hope it is.........

I am vastly aware of all the objections......respectfully, we don't need to be educated as to how market making operations function and strategized.......We all here have 20 years of substantial experience at major firms.........

Furthermore, you are claiming that SPECTRE LEVEL IV technology is not possible......however it should be noted that this "type" of technology is utilized in "other" fields of information gathering........
    That is all I will say on that subject.............
    However, I agree talk is cheap though even though you did not correctly understand our websites......
    Simply contact us and witness what you can't believe...........
    I am not quite sure you will understand this scientific and intelligence debrifing on SPECTRE LEVEL IV as it requires a highly specialized background, nonetheless take look if you wish.......

My intention is to play a dlicte balance of answering your questions while absolutely not providing any intellectual secrets......
    Anyway view this>>>>>>>>
    http://www.wallstreetdaytraders.com/test/sl4.swf

:)

#124     Dec 20, 2001
  5. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

Correct me if I am wrong
    WRONG.....WRONG>>>>>WRONG>>>>>>WRONG>>>>>>>>

There is NO MARKETING....That is PRECISELY THE POINT!!!!!
    See it LIVE!!!
    Real-Time is the ONLY REAL ANSWER!
    S>>>> Proof is easy.............
    Impossible for you........not for us........................
    Email us mauro@sl4trader.com

Can you handle seeing what you cannot believe???
    LIVE
    REAL-TIME!

PS...."prevent me from blieving in it forever"
    Forever is a long time and how am I to judge you when what you see you cannot believe???

Trading is INFORMATION WARFARE and INTELLIGENCE GATHERING

Take a Good Hard Look at what traders are now up against......

And you thought decimilization was too difficult.......See what certain traders are going to be empowered with now>>>>>>>>>
    :)

#125     Dec 20, 2001
  6. def

def Sponsor

xcowboy,
    I seriously hope you are not implying that IB screws up peoples money. IB has a proven model and track record. They systems are reliable, constantly upgraded and money transfers in and out are handled promptly. If you've got facts, state them. If not, don't post this B.S.

#126     Dec 20, 2001
  7. Hey SL4CEO,

Looks like you better talk to yourself ...errrr... your employee Xcowboy about that slandering issue with DUDE you were so worried about on the other thread.
    How does that saying about the pot calling the kettle black go? Oh yeah, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. What kind of "Ceo" quotes Dirty Harry ....and is serious in doing so?! You guys are hilarious I will have to admit.

#127     Dec 20, 2001
  8. SL4CEO

SL4CEO

Hey SL4CEO,

Looks like you better talk to yourself ...errrr... your employee Xcowboy about that slandering issue with DUDE you were so worried about on the other thread.
    How does that saying about the pot calling the kettle black go? Oh yeah, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. What kind of "Ceo" quotes Dirty Harry ....and is serious in doing so?! You guys are hilarious I will have to admit.
    Dat
    Don't attribute the comments of a SL4 Licensor to me or my separate and distinct company..............
    Who makes incorrect assertions such as claiming that someone is an employee without merit......
    Furthermore, I read this licensors' post and I don't interpret at all that way.....although I do agree that that post could be interpreted in variety of ways.........
    Well some people just don't have very precise writing or communication skills...
    As a matter of record quotations are not outside the knowledge of a CEO or anyone or that matter.....
    What a ridiculous conclusion...........
    Further, you do look considerably foolish DA wen you attept to defend akid runing around a chatroom and making dirty remarks"
    Tell me you don't agree with that......
    As to whether you take us seriously, unimportant........
    We are major players who will significantly impact the industry....
    You don't want the SL4 platform.....no problem......simpy faceoff against those traders in the market who will............
    I clearly identify who I am.........
    Will you............
    Irregardless...the dude as well as others who slander will be pursued.......
    We engage several cybeR investigatory agencies who both protect our technology and defend us from this type of cyber slander and terrorism.....
    We are substantially aware of the names and the corporate identities of the true firms behind these posts which attempt to undermine us........
    Keep posting..........
    Question: How are you going to keep the traders in the industry from making a direct comparison between SL4 and your platform???

#128     Dec 20, 2001
  9. Phoenix1

Phoenix1

I don't believe xcowboy was "slandering" IB, nor do I believe he means IB "screws up people's money". In xcowboy's previous posts, in fact, he seems to praise IB. For example:

>>demo, what else can we say? Those who'd rather put down IB >>rather than just go and make a direct evaluation were left >>paying much higher commissions with generally no real >>advantage. And those who were putting down IB in order to >>promote their own self-interests (competitors, etc), well, they >>obviously did not get very far either.

and another...

>>IB has the rates that will allow scalping to work, however we >>have not yet made arrangements with them...Since you >>already have Esignal and at least the real time basic version >>including level II, we can set

I must concur however that he could have chosen his words more judiciously in order to express his meaning. I believe what he meant is that IB could make a few improvements in how quickly and efficiently they handle problems that arise. I think IB has done a great job for the industry, especially in bringing down prices for the retail trader, but I definitely keep backup accounts none-the-less (which still doesn't help if you have outstanding orders and don't know if they were filled or even if they went through). There have been times where it's taken me 20 minutes or more to get through to them (phone or Internet Chat). Then I had to spend 10 minutes explaining to them how I'm absolutely sure it had nothing to do with my Internet connection, and then I may be told that they can't help me -- I have to call the trade desk instead (can't help me online), etc, etc. Now, I believe this has gotten a little better, or maybe it's also because I definitely believe the platform has gotten quite a bit more stable lately (requiring fewer support calls to IB overall). But I can't tell you how many times I'd be waiting to get through just to tell them a route is down -- and after a long wait to get through (again, voice or Internet) they go on telling me it's fine, I tell them I'm sure it's not -- they say no one else has complained, I say check it out anyway... Then, 10 minutes later, I see a bulletin saying that the ECN is down and currently unavailable, RIGHT AFTER IT COMES BACK ONLINE! Now, it sounds like I'm banging a bit on IB here, but I'll tell you, if IB had a way of efficiently handling calls and could provide support within 2-3 rings during times of trouble, say, like MB Trading does, they would just about rule the industry (if they don't already)! On another note, I still prefered their original platform to the new Java applet. I was quite upset the day the old one didn't work anymore. It's just something about the "clunkiness" of Java for the most part -- not necessarily IB. I also miss the "clunk" sound that would occur after each fill. The new platform has progressed nicely, however, but I would have hoped that by now they would have had a way reverse (or offer a quick way to do that) the buy/sells so I could BUY at the BID and SELL at the OFFER (instead of only BUY OFFER, where I have to lower the price back down each time). Well, enough of me rambling on here. This post is getting a bit off topic at this point...

#129     Dec 21, 2001
  10. SL4CEO,

If Xcowboy is truly unaffiliated with YOUR company than accept my apology. However I reviewed his posts (see one of his quotes above) and you should tell him to be careful as he appears to represent your company not one of your liscensees. Do you disagree? Besides it is virtually impossible to consider the possibility that two separate individuals could possibly spew the same technobabble crap that Xcowboy demonstrated so well before you ever appeared on the Elite boards. :)

More importantly, stop replying to my posts with your "SL4" is superior to anything else out there" crap!! I have stated in every post that I think your platform appears to have some very unique and powerful features and I will try it with the utmost of objectivity. I am simply an independant trader, I use RealTick for analytics and Direx Pro for execution but have no propietary interest in either. My only complaint with you has been and continues to be that I think your tone and attitude, combined with your outrageous and annoying writing style is very difficult to take in silence and at the very least is insulting to many of us posting here, especially when coming from the CEO of a service based company.

#130     Dec 21, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.