Let's try this again...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Interesting thought which I mentioned to financial friend of mine and he mentioned that might get sticky as far as partnerships in their funds/I might need like a series 63 and 65 because I'm heloing them manage their assets etc...

#41     Oct 22, 2011
  2. There are also tons of smaller trading shops out there - why deal with the hassle of 10 or 20 penny-ante individuals when you can work directly with one firm with a decent amount of capital and all the regulatory structures already in place?

#42     Oct 22, 2011
  3. what do you mean small trading shops?

#43     Oct 22, 2011
  4. New York and Chicago (in particular) are littered with 1-10 man private trading shops who are fully legit from a regulatory perspective, have colo'ed servers, etc, and have far more available capital than hobbyists messing around with $10k or $20k.

#44     Oct 22, 2011
  5. Im in chicago....

#45     Oct 22, 2011
  6. deaddog

deaddog

Give the course for free and ask for a percent of students profit until the course is paid for.

#46     Oct 22, 2011
  7. Are there any trading courses that are only 1 or 2 hours long, maybe the longer and more complicated the harder it will be to implement?

I just cant sit for 2 weeks, thats too long!

#47     Oct 22, 2011
  8. now THAT kind of comment deserves to be destroyed. You want to learn to trade in 1 hour?

#48     Oct 22, 2011
  9. I'm guessing the post was intentionally ironic.

#49     Oct 22, 2011
  10. I think you would need to start a website. Then determine your marketing budget for advertising on the Internet.

Then go to having commercials on TV. You may also want to pay elitetrader.com to advertise your service.

You may want to create some youtube videos and post them on your website.

I don't think offering someone a free week is useful, you want someone to sign up to be mentored.

You may also want to manage some friend and family accounts to establish a track record, plus manage your own account.

#50     Oct 22, 2011