Let's Trade III, by Sicktrader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by sicktraderII, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giucco

Giucco

Sicktrader,

Is there any specific reason why you will add another contract at $715?

#31     Jul 29, 2009
  2. Missed my first trade. I would have been in short here at 967, got back in the office a few minutes too late. Would not have hit my target or stop yet, but can't get in during the middle.

#32     Jul 29, 2009

3. It keeps my "amont won" and "amount lost" percentages right where I want them. Also, at $100 per loser it gives me the ability to have three losers in a row without adjusting the number of contracts.

#33     Jul 29, 2009
  4. so if you start at 500 for every 2 wins of 100 you increase your contract?? is this correct?

#34     Jul 29, 2009
  5. I have once contract for every $715, and so would add another around $1,430. My wins are $150, so I would double if I hit five in a row.

#35     Jul 29, 2009
  6. Specterx

Specterx

You were stopped out of this trade I assume? Edit: or you would have been had you taken it...

#36     Jul 29, 2009
  7. thanks very much sicktrader - it is now crystal clear - but what an ugly nick name you've given yourself :)

#37     Jul 29, 2009
  8. Didn't get in for this journal, but yes, it was a loser. I don't win much more than I lose. For instance, last week I went 10-8, this week, including that last trade I am 5-4, but I won my first 5 and doubled my bankroll in three days. On the other hand, I have lost my last 4, but it's not a problem.

#38     Jul 29, 2009
  9. 1) As the other said, you bring a lot of it on by being abusive and making obviously unachievable and ridiculous claims. I asked you for several things to validate your claims, and you ran away from it completely.

You said you owned a construction company that was basically top 500-600 and therefore you did not need the money - that we could check. I asked for the website and phone# of this company and you clammed up, and you started violating the ET terms of service using pissing icons and acting like a 6 year old - distracting instead of responding to your own claims.

2) do you plan to list your max drawdowns? It isn't the wins and losses. If you have a $700 account and are down $500 at one point, then...

3) All you have to do is make a journal - not a publicity stunt or commercial enterprise - and it will be a lot calmer.

The first time you start offering the money management thing for sale (which is 90% likely the real reason you are here), I will be offering it for free. You are not the only one who has studied position sizing or gaming theory.

Act like the trader you claim to be, and there will be a lot less naysayers. Act like someone who wlil dive 300 feet down into a wet sponge, and it will become another deleted 3-ring circus.

#39     Jul 29, 2009
  10. [​IMG]

I will try and maintain a positive atmosphere. Leaving now.

#40     Jul 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.