Lets Tax The Shit out of the Rich.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jan 25, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

You started the ad hominem (again), so reap what you sow.

#41     Jan 25, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What they SHOULD want is "efficient" government - but no such thing exists outside of National Defense. I would challenge you to prove me wrong in a macro sense (not one-off exceptions to the rule).

#42     Jan 25, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

And YOU dodged a question - AGAIN.

LOL

#43     Jan 25, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

You're at your best when you stick to "BINGO", or "+1 gazillion".

#44     Jan 25, 2012
  5. This entire argument could be, and would be a non-starter had this administration simply brought a few indictments against the financial gangsters. I think that most everyone can see taxing the crap out of wealthy people isn't going to make much of a dent in the debt. I think most people understand the difference between percentages and actual amount paid, and that 15% of millions is a hell of alot of money. What people can't swallow is that those that so blatantly brought down our economy can just walk away without any consequence.
    A few heads on the chopping block might not put any money back in our pockets, might not really do much of anything to fix the system, but there is a need to see some justice done out there which must be satisfied, and until it is we won't move forward. The guilty must be punished. Those that were guilty of taking on debt they couldn't afford have been punished, along with millions of bystanders who did nothing wrong at all. The victims, innocent or otherwise, have paid the price. The perp's have not.

#45     Jan 25, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I usually use the word "effective" (I'd really like to use "efficacious", but, well you can the problem there) instead of "efficient", because I want to emphasize the importance of product, over the inputs. The definition of efficiency does include "desired results", but in common usage seems to emphasize the input side.

#46     Jan 25, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Bingo!!

(couldnt help myself :D)

#47     Jan 25, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Says the guy who pays NO us taxes yet arrogantly presumes he knows how to spend my tax dollars better than I do.

And it's +15 Trillion, you know the amount of the US national debt that you claim has no negative effect on us. Although I guess that is true for you though. Since you pay no US federal income tax.

#48     Jan 25, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

It's ok, though, neither do most other Americans.

#49     Jan 25, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

NO, it's NOT OK. Because, unlike you, I do.

#50     Jan 25, 2012