Let's talk routing...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Dustin, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Dustin

Dustin

#11     Dec 22, 2016
  2. I have IEX routing available but haven't used it. Certainly going to give it a look.

Normally I'm adding liq to ARCA which is good but had two outings this week. The first outing hurt because I had lots of resting orders that got cancelled while I stepped away for a minute. So I went to nsdq just out of convenience.

#12     Dec 22, 2016
  3. comagnum

comagnum

#13     Dec 22, 2016
    TraDaToR likes this.
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Sorry I am ignorant on this point. If I route to IEX through IB, does it use IEX's smart routing technology? If not, what is the point of routing to IEX through IB?

#14     Dec 23, 2016
  5. comagnum

comagnum

Sorry I am ignorant on this point. If I route to IEX through IB, does it use IEX's smart routing technology?

Yes it does - see this link for a detailed explanation.

http://www.beathft.com/?p=13

#15     Dec 23, 2016
    ThunderThor and eusdaiki like this.
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello Dustin,

Have you got some advice in terms of order types and routes for exiting really bad trades( price is running away in the wrong direction ). I don't like to place hard stops as you sometimes get caught in a fat finger which may get arbed back to equilibrium rapidly. I am wondering if there are some algos that are effective to quote aggressively and get out fast, but don't get triggered by a fat finger ...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    #16     Feb 27, 2017
  7. Thanks for this! What other good routes do you recommend to get rebates for adding liquidity, I know BATS and ARCA already, any other decent ones, specially during afterhour events like earnings etc, any good routes that you recommend to enter during the extended hours?

I know BATS has the higher rebate (i think it is $2.50/1,000 shares), I have fusion, how do I make sure that when I add liquidity I don't get switch from adding to removing, are there any settings to make sure I don't get slid to removing, I want to make sure I get a rebate of $2.50 per thousand shares, also does anyone else recommend any other routes other than BATS, I know ARCA pays a rebate when you add liquidity but I'm not sure the amount, are there any other routes other than BATS and ARCA that pay high rebates when adding liquidity or is BATS and ARCA the only 2?

#17     May 8, 2017
  8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

#18     May 8, 2017
    youngbeast777 likes this.
  9. what do you recommend for after hours EXT fills? I know adding liquidity during afterhours is unlikely, so for removing liquidity after hours (ext) what do you recommend sir? right now I'm still undecided to which broker to use, thanks

#19     May 8, 2017
  10. how is IEX after hours for EXT orders? :)

#20     May 8, 2017