Lets Talk Fib, Gartley, Butterfly

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jackflash, Aug 3, 2005.

1. I think you almost got my point - I think. That is if you or I b/s 50% retrace with regularity, can control the pain of breach and close with profits 5 of 6 times, I dont care what u call it or care about the validity of how it fits into nature. So, whether Fib is founded on rabbits or swans I dont care and neither should u...if it works it works. Just because its a retrace number that is math friendly to rythmic sequeces does not necessitate throwing out the baby.Moreover, I find alot of the conventional thinking that may lead to the overall rejection, is in fact not even valid. Like the standard premise that deeper than 50 and the move/trend is over. Thats just not true. I could go on and on but we will see where the thread goes from here.

Certain retracement numbers cannot be denied. But because I might sell the second high in a certain time frame, and that second high might be a 50% retrace doesnt mean Im an avid Fib'r hittin on Elliot wave stuff.

But if deep thinkers choose to ponder, lets just keep this shallow and ask, why do you typically get a 50% retrace off maj highs and lows?

Is it random? Stocastics? Fractals? Rsi? on and on... I dont thinks so.

(btw, who told you i had that rabbits foot?):)

ps. just messin around. maybe drum up some tweaking ideas in the garley - butterfly stuff.

#31     Aug 5, 2005
  2. LeroyB3

LeroyB3

The 50% retracement is Gann...not Fib. A mute point, but just giving credit where credit is due.

Best,

LB

#32     Aug 8, 2005
  3. I will let you know. I made a lot of progress over the weekend so I expect I will be ready to start trading shortly.

Yes it is 3 not .3. However, I think it may be a little higher after this weekend.

#33     Aug 8, 2005
  4. kool...i dont know if i can send private messages yet but lets hook up when u get it running. maybe i can help you move towards the 5-6. Let me know if u get the pm.

#34     Aug 9, 2005