Let's talk about loneliness

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tonyf, Jan 3, 2022.

1. tonyf

tonyf

I play this game exclusively and have no other sources of income. I am actually quite good at it in the sense that my take home monthlies are way more than what I do and can spend.

My wife is my best friend and our world turns around our 3 young kids. We do not care for boats, ferraris or jewellery but splash out on holidays.

Now I am lonely. I find this job that pays me so well dull as hell. Joined a tennis and golf club but still bored. I keep myself somehow busy and usually fall behind deadlines but still feel bored.

Any tips for 2022?

2. You need some bros.

avatar-ds, VPhantom, jys78 and 2 others like this.
  3. expiated

expiated

Find something to do that is meaningful...that has a positive impact on the world around you, possibly something that you can even watch grow in terms of its reach and influence as you take it to higher heights.

4. Look at the taxi drivers in New York City. Do they EVER talk to you... No. They are always on the phone talking to someone about bullshit. That's what you need.

persistence, VPhantom and jys78 like this.
  5. tonyf

tonyf

this one does:

billv, morganpbrown and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  6. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

i guess its a personality thing, i cherish a handful of hours just me and my screen.

VPhantom, jys78, qwerty11 and 2 others like this.
  7. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

How does someone with a wife and 3 kids be lonely? You wake up every day to a family.

8. there's a place:

billv, calore and qlai like this.
  9. tonyf

tonyf

I know! it is hard to explain actually. Perhaps because I got married in my mid-30s and spent the previous 15 years in high octane investment banking....not sure how to answer your question but the loneliness is definitely palpable.

10. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

I think you need to spend more time with your family first before going out and doing hobbies. Everyone needs to have hobbies, but when you have nothing to show on the inside then those hobbies will seem worthless.

[​IMG]

#10     Jan 3, 2022