let's sue Obama.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

It's not discredited, labor does still have some pull in this world.

#11     Nov 15, 2012
  2. Mav88

Mav88

I didn't say labor has no pull, I said Marxism as an economic theory has been discredited

#12     Nov 15, 2012
  3. Ricter, the Marxist entrepreneur...what a contradiction. (of course, I still think the guy is sponging off of someone in his family).

#13     Nov 15, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, you did not say that. Anyway, his historical predictions have not come to pass in detail, but his analysis of capital accumulation is still quite accurate.

#14     Nov 15, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually moron he DID say that. Game set and match for Mav88.

#15     Nov 15, 2012
  6. exGOPer

exGOPer

The critics have forgotten that the House passed a GSE reform bill in 2005 that could well have prevented the current crisis, says Mr Oxley, now vice-chairman of Nasdaq.

He fumes about the criticism of his House colleagues. "All the handwringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this," he says. "What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute."

The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.

Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8780c35e-7e91-11dd-b1af-000077b07658.html

#16     Nov 15, 2012
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Marx's economic theory was underpinned by the labor theory of value which has been thoroughly and convincingly refuted many times over

I don't care if his 'obervations' proved true, his replacement of capitalism is a failure in both theory and practice

#17     Nov 15, 2012
  8. Wow, wrong again.

NY times article in 2003 on Bush Administration trying to enact regulations. Barney Frank and the democrats blocked it.

2005 the damage was done, wouldn't have made any difference at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/b...ed-to-oversee-freddie-mac-and-fannie-mae.html

#18     Nov 15, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

That bill wasn't the solution. You should investigate before you post.

President Bush has been pushing Congress to make some reforms that would lessen the likelihood of a bailout, but H.R. 1461 is not just a mediocre piece of legislation, it is an outright threat to taxpayers. Rather than creating strict oversight and limits on Fannie and Freddie, the so-called "Federal Housing Finance Reform Act" would allow these entities access to a greater percentage of the market and would do nothing to take taxpayers off the hook should they fail. Below are the top ten reasons why Congress needs to beware of this wolf in sheep's clothing....

http://www.ntu.org/news-and-issues/...nce-reform-act-is-bad-news-for-taxpayers.html

#19     Nov 15, 2012
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Essentially, the Obama admin is going to try the same stuff that got us into the mortgage crisis. I recall in the Clinton era the tv reports about how a black man would be denied a loan at the same bank where anybody else could get one. They would show the whining guy and the bank and never mention anything about credit scores.. So they, in marxist style, forced the private sector to make bad loans and it was enforced. That led to a crisis unless everybody has forgotten.. So I'm guessing we are headed for another crisis or two?

#20     Nov 15, 2012