Let's say you have a terminal illness....

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Pekelo, Jan 11, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I always wanted a Chopper but I am risk aversive in that regard. It will be a great day for me if I find I am terminal. I can get my custom bike(s).

I'll put US, Mexican and Ukranian flags on it, declare myself drug war neutral and ride until I can't anymore. It should be an especially good time in my life if I can get some strong pain medications too, dang I had a Vicodin the other day, felt pretty good I gotta admit, that would be a plus...

Oh wait, I forgot about the strategy..... I would have my bod buried face down and put "kiss my ass" on my Stone.

#21     Jan 14, 2007
  2. I'd most likely teach those of whom are close to me, and could use a helping hand, how to use it and that once they were stable that they should pass it on basically by word of math from one person who needed it to one who needs it.

#22     Jan 15, 2007
  3. It'll stop working at some point anyways.

If it's a strategy that never will, no one else would be able to duplicate it.

#23     Jan 15, 2007
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is an idea...

No, the topic came to my mind thinking about that traders do die too, and what's happening to their strategies....

#24     Jan 15, 2007
  5. wabrew

wabrew

Since the strategy has been successful, and since I have a lot of money, I would put a large sum into a trust account for the benefit of my family and give some young and smart trader power of attorney to trade the account.

Some type of earnings/loss split would have to be agreed to in advance, and, my family would have the right to close account if pre determined benchmarks are not met.

#25     Jan 15, 2007
  6. birdman

birdman

probably right

here's a true story for you

I'm not getting any younger (50) and about a year or so i tried to get my wife (a nurse) to let me explain to her ... and write it all down too so she could reference back ... how to run my web publishing business bringing in about 75K a year with only about 10 - 20 minutes work per day (7 days a week though).

Her reply, i'm not good with computers and i could never learn it. My only child is still way to young but if the biz continues to do well maybe the little one can do it in another 10 years. But whwn the little one is 24 there is no guarantee nor liklihood that they will be interested.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

#26     Jan 15, 2007
  7. You could take all the money away from the most successful people in this country and distribute it amongst the least successful, and within 5 years it would be right back in the pockets of the most successful.

Point being, a money making trading system will go unused in the wrong hands (e.g. low IQ, no drive, etc.)

#27     Jan 15, 2007
  8. Yeah well, I have another take on the subject.

Referring back to the ChitChat thread "I am sick of these Pit Bull Attacks..."

If by chance I did discover I have a terminal illness, or at such time as my physician tells me I have about 6 months;

Guess what I would do?

Whenever I saw some gangbanger mistreating some poor older human, a female, or just jerking someone's chain for the fun of it?

Some jerk physically abusing his girl, his mother, his sister, or just being a bully.

A select group of criminals once they have been captured and are awaiting trial (like OJ for instance)

Plenty of other examples I assure you.

The discussion about trading systems is bullshit. Who cares...

I can tell you this, in the last few months, days, hours, seconds of my life, I am going to do things that mean something to me, and the last thing I am going to think about is whether some jerkoff "gets" or "learns" my system of trading. Like any responsible adult, I made sure my family has been taken care of long ago.

Good luck

Steve

#28     Jan 15, 2007
  9. Well, live every day as our last and start really giving to others when we are healthy, not when we are unable to !

#29     Jan 16, 2007