Let's put this fire out w/gasoline

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, May 22, 2017.

1. I think you underestimate her. She was the steel behind some of the decisions her husband made as president. And she has a record of public service from the time she finished school.

#21     May 24, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

The cynic in me feels that was just a selling point spouted during the campaign....but then again I haven't let a woman sway my decisions since I was a teenager. And every lawyer who wants to go into politics better have some public service record.

I just can't cry nepotism when it suits me, Hillary was being groomed and propped right after Obama beat her as candidate and you knew full well there wouldn't be anyone else to run against her from the party.

#22     May 24, 2017
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

4. Except that it was commented on even during the time her husband was president. She was an active participant rather than a bystander. She was more decisive that her husband. This is no secret.

#24     May 25, 2017
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#25     May 25, 2017
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'll be honest, I was a little young for politics at the time of the Clinton presidency. I like the stance she took on Russia and I can sure as hell agree she was a better option than Trump or Sanders. Let's just say I'm forever pessimist w/Politicians in which case I'm pleasantly surprised if they don't disappoint.

#26     May 25, 2017
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

#27     May 25, 2017
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Why did you like the stance she took on Russia?

#28     May 25, 2017
  9. As stances go, I'm guessing H4m favors firmness over fanboy.

#29     May 25, 2017
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'm not a fan of dictators and Putin's been in power long enough to get the title in my mind. His power grab in Crimea was straight up bullshit and nobody in the US wanted to call him out except the democrats who pushed for sanctions. The sanctions were working, the ruble was taking a dive, next step was civil unrest (good old government-toppling tactics). Putin knew this of course which is why he retaliated by moving troops near the borders, getting chummy with Assad and lately getting involved in our elections.

I know that Putin is loved in Russia, but this love has been fostered much like Trump's on bullying the weak and calling it strength (just look at gays and muslim treatment in Russia in the last few years).

It just pisses me off that so much human potential is squandered when a zealot gains power. The Russians have some of the brightest minds in science and math and they deserve to be a 1st world country w/1st world standards of living. Putin has a long history of links to corrupt businessmen and organized crime, not to mention journalist intimidation, character assassination, and straight up incarceration and murder of dissenters.

#30     May 25, 2017