Let's put this fire out w/gasoline

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, May 22, 2017.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Follow the money:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/25/michael-flynn-turkey-russia-237550

Plus you seem to forget the whole favorable discussion of sanctions in contradiction to back then president Obama or that whole RT stint

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/politics/michael-flynn-payments-rt-russia-tv/

Middle of the road politician that got most of her fame from her ties to Bill rather than ability. Dead center on fiscal issues and left on social issues. Would've been an average presidency, but they can't all be winners.

#11     May 23, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.
  2. java

java

I guess I was wrong. I always thought something about her just didn't seem right. But then, I'm not a reader, I just go on gut feeling.

#12     May 23, 2017
  3. Max E.

Max E.

#13     May 23, 2017
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Flynn is/was Trump admin ...I'm not sure he knew that whatever he did had the legal ramifications it had...which is kind of a pattern w/Trump; he's surrounded himself with stupid. Manafort hasn't registered as foreign agent because he may drag Sessions w/him. We'll see how Kushner pans out.

And as much as I'd bet on a sure thing, I'd bet on corruption more so each and every time, and with the Sessions wild card, I don't expect any to be "caught" colluding.

#14     May 23, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Fair point, but that's not how the rule of law works. Evidence is necessary to convict or indict someone of a crime. So far it's just media whoring, anonymous tips and unverifiable "he said she said" commentary. It's well past the point of being old.

#15     May 23, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  6. Arnie

Arnie

Well, shit, then he has nothing to worry about. No intent, no crime (paraphrasing Comey).

#16     May 23, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  7. java

java

And that is where I think Comey got off track. It was like he was responding to the media and worried about what they would say if he didn't speak.

#17     May 23, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

My point is that if they're issuing subpoenas, it's because those agencies have sufficient proof. I find the idea that nascent cases should disclose their "proof" to the public pretty laughable.

#18     May 23, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.
  9. It's getting hot in that convenience store.:).

#19     May 24, 2017
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That they issue subpoenas doesn't mean they have proof. It's that they want testimony as to whether proof exists or not, and to gather any possible evidence there may be.

#20     May 24, 2017