Let's play the GURU Game....One chance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueTurtle, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Agreed 100%.

They will use excuses like "even if you give someone a profitable strategy, most people do not have the psychological aspects necessary to trade it."

That may be true, but none of them has given anyone a profitable strategy anyway so it doesn't matter.

#51     Jun 5, 2012
  2. Yeah yeah. I don't see nuthin bout tomorrow, you know.

Just asking 'cause I can't post in here any more, having had an epic fail today. (In this thread, not in my account. Let's not get crazy, after all.)

#52     Jun 5, 2012
  3. And you won't - a man's got to know his limitations.

:)

#53     Jun 5, 2012
  4. :cool:

#54     Jun 5, 2012
  5. hft_boy

hft_boy

Hey, I posted days ago too :p. S&P: tomorrow open up but close down (from close).

#55     Jun 5, 2012
  6. SamGold

SamGold

"The Formula has infinite depth in its efficacy and application, but it's staggeringly simple and completely consistent."

"Rule 1 of any game or con: You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent."

"Rule 2 : The more sophisticated the game - the more sophisticated the opponent. If the opponent is very good, he will place his victim inside an environment he can control. The bigger the environment, the easier it is to control."

If you knew his game. It wouldn't be a very sophisticated one now. Would it?.

How much you made in the last rally?. You only had to buy at the close and hold for 2 days... you had the information, but not the faith nor the control...

"The bigger the trick and older the trick - the easier it is to pull. Based on two principles : They think it can't be that old, or they think it can't be that big for so many people to have fallen for it."

"Rule 3 : You will always find a good opponent in the very last place you would ever look."

#56     Jun 6, 2012

7. Ok. You are up almost 100, I am up 200 pips, can we move the stop loss to break even now? Or no need, since it will travel the 300 pips easily? :D

#57     Jun 7, 2012
  8. the Guru Game is soo hard because if you call the market, then the fraudsters will ask, "well, how much did you make."

if you say, likely lying, that you make thousands every day but never show statements, then you actually might get a few suckers to pay you for your guru stuff.

if you don't call the market in public and lose, then your self-absorbing personality isn't satisfied.

if you do call the market in public and lose, at least you can lie about how much you lost and how you made money doing other trades.

so the ideal plan is to lie, call the market on a delayed basis (even if like by a few minutes), and then make money from subscribers.

#58     Jun 7, 2012
  9. achilles28

achilles28

I'll take a spin. S&P is headed down. We've made an intermediate top. Currently retracing up right now. If we break 1316.5, hopefully move down to 1313, and then the bottom falls out. Limit short at 16.5 even. With a stop at 19 even. 19 might break before, and then we get some upside. Either way, the hourly and 4 hourly are looking down...

#59     Jun 7, 2012
  10. achilles28

achilles28

At 13 handle....

#60     Jun 7, 2012