Lets hear from the successful shorts

Discussion in 'Trading' started by markd85, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Very impressive . I notice you didn't mention TTWO which gapped down and rallied.

Selective disclosure sucks.

#11     Jun 27, 2006
  2. No they don't!

#12     Jun 27, 2006
  3. yes , I did. There is atleast 20 eastern European countries that use this word. I was surprised to learn that this word has the same meaning in Italian (Roman group)

#13     Jun 27, 2006
  4. Geez, are you serious with this post? I hope the $$$ in you're trading isnt money you desperately need :D

#14     Jun 27, 2006
  5. PARL. end of communication.

#15     Jun 27, 2006
  6. hmmm....maybe this thread was about shortin' and odds in ttwo clearly favored long off the bat since it wasnt beaten up in premkt, neither at open. i dont know what u mean by selective disclosure but i didnt touch ttwo; sure got massacred on long lcrx at open but i as i said in a previous thread mrvl saved me buttz and more.

#16     Jun 28, 2006
  7. the stock market looks about as awful as I've seen it in years. the monthly chart is a screaming sell.

I sure hope it breaks to the upside, but I can't imagine how anyone can not be short, long term.

#17     Jun 28, 2006
  8. sure, easy money is on the short side now...every rally is usually met by dumpin', so no point takin' risk longin' here, yet.

#18     Jun 28, 2006
  9. gaj

gaj

ttwo's had a notorious history; many times, on that specific stock, it will gap down and move up on bad news. i think it's due to it being a crowded short, with many super duper long-term shorts in the stock.

when i short, i try to avoid crowded stocks for that very reason.

but then again, i'm only shorting for a couple days at most.

#19     Jun 28, 2006
  10. ttwo got already punished hard on many gaps down durin' the past month ... sooner or later it is obvious that traders will favor the odds of buyin' into weakness.

#20     Jun 28, 2006