Let's hear about your largest returning trades

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by commoditiestrdr, Jan 31, 2008.

1. commoditiestrdr

commoditiestrdr Commodities View

Lets' hear about the largest returning trades you guys have made!

2. I trade primarily grain and livestock spreads, and last year the march july spread got WAY out of whack, it went nearly a 3.00 dollar premium to the march side, which is not how it should be especially late in the year. Anyways I started piling on buy july sell march (Chicago wheat) and had nearly 10 on i believe that thing went from 2.60 to a dollar, It was a hell of a trade. It recently went back to 2.00 bucks and now is at about 50 cents. IT's still a great trade IMO

3. None of my trades have returned yet.

4. morreo

morreo

Well, my best trade happens to be lucky. I was stacking orders in the Two year note future for 25 lots. (This was during asian market hours so stuff is SLLOOOWWW). Anyway, someone fat fingered for like a 2.5k lot (holy crap!) or something and 3 ticks worth of 25 lots (300 lots total) got taken out. Of course I freaked out when my spreadsheet said I just sold 300 two years.

Anyway, right when all the offers got taken out for 3 ticks, they all reloaded in about 5 seconds at the original market levels. The black boxes already knew it was a fat finger (since none of the other treasuries moved at all). So I just lifted the offer with my 300 lot for an average of a 1.5 tick scalp (It was like 26k in about 10 seconds).

Too bad this was company money. I didn't see a dime.

5. cold

cold

LOL :D you are a funny guy

But I won't let you escape so easily

Dear ETers, two faced joker is actually a real savvy trader that knows his shit and is up a lot by now

sorry to blow your cover :)

6. Watching the YM around 1pm a few weeks ago. Ticks hit the extreme 3 times in 5 minutes (near negative 1250 each time), but the price barely moved. It sat near the low of the day, and just couldn't seem to go any lower.

I jumped in long, and the price stayed there for about another 10 minutes. I kept moving my stop closer, thinking that this thing is going to spring one way, hopefully my way.

It shot North quckly, and kept moving up until around 3:15. I was very happy.

I took my wife out for a nice dinner, and we reminded each other that it doesn't happen every day that you catch the bottom and top of a big daily move. Enjoy it when it happens, though!

7. I suppose it is time for another face ehh? :p