Let's get real about prison abuse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 6, 2004.

1. so you'd be there videotaping men fucking <18 year old boys up the ass??

:confused:

somehow, that just doesn't sit right with me.

#41     May 11, 2004
  2. "These are excellent points. I support the US Milatary 100% and I say fuck the media. You have to stand up and fight for what you believe in and that's what the US is doing. I respect that and would be out there fighting along side them if I could be."

Yeah, that big bad country of Iraq was certainly an "immediate threat" to the United States . . . hell they even used gas on their own people! ( how many times did we hear that one, eh? )

Yeah, I guess we truly BELIEVED IN the misguided and absurdity of the oh-so-powerful Iraqi Air Force able to fly circles around our F/A-18 Hornets, or that big bad Iraqi Navy and all of those submarines that had ballistic-missile capability right off our Atlantic Seaboard. Or how about all of those WMD's we've found?

Get real.

#42     May 11, 2004
  3. reg

reg

1.) intimidate Iraqi resistance - don't think so. It's more terrifying to be an American POW under Iraqi hands than an Iraqi POW under Anerican hands.

2.) garnish more support from redneck voters - Bush already has the support of redneck voters. These people aren't going to vote for Kerry, that's for sure.

3. inspire more terrorism - nice try. More terrorist attacks mean more economic setbacks for this country, not to mention more casualties under his watch, both of which won't do Bush any good.

Any more conspiracy theories?

#43     May 11, 2004
  4. reg

reg

mark1

Is this your idea of someone who thinks out of the box?
    hehehe.........

#44     May 11, 2004
  5. Thank you Dubya!

HIGHEST Gas Prices in the Last 72 Hours

2.79 Kirkwood Station

Hwy 88 & Kirkwood Meadows Rd.
    Kirkwood Sun
    09:18 hooter

2.53 Chevron

2986 US Hwy 50 in Meyers
    South Lake Tahoe Sun
    13:18 hooter

2.50 7-Eleven

Forest Ave
    Chico Mon
    13:25 N8

2.50 Wawona

Wawona Lodge
    Yosemite NP Sun
    17:45 tech98

2.49 Costco

hwy 50
    Anderson Mon
    10:11 Flizoyd

2.49 Geo Petro

Ramon & El Placer - by airport
    Palm Springs Sun
    07:05 txdawg

2.45 Shell

Old Mammoth Rd & 203
    Mammoth Lakes Tue
    06:12 summit204

2.45 Chevron

North side of 203
    Mammoth Lakes Tue

2.45 Texaco

North side of 203
    Mammoth Lakes Tue

2.45 Shell

Next to Schats Bakery
    Mammoth Lakes Tue

2.45 Shell

Indian & Amado
    Palm Springs Sun

2.43 Mobil

Hway 101
    Pismo Beach Sun
    17:46 tech98

2.42 Chevron

Hwy 299 W
    Walnut Mon
    16:58 Wendybil

2.42 76 Union
    Hwy 299 W
    Weaverville Mon
    16:45 Wendybil

2.41 76 Union

Hwy 111 & San Luis Rey
    Palm Desert Sun

#45     May 11, 2004
  6. Quote from reg:

1.) intimidate Iraqi resistance - don't think so. It's more terrifying to be an American POW under Iraqi hands than an Iraqi POW under Anerican hands.

Apparently not. The evidence from Lynch and the other american/"coalition" POWs has pointed to FAR FAR FAR better treatment by the Iraqis than the Americans/British.

2.) garnish more support from redneck voters - Bush already has the support of redneck voters. These people aren't going to vote for Kerry, that's for sure.

Can't argue with that. Anyone with a 6th grade education would not vote for Bush.

3. inspire more terrorism - nice try. More terrorist attacks mean more economic setbacks for this country, not to mention more casualties under his watch, both of which won't do Bush any good.

Heh. There's a flip side to that.

Any more conspiracy theories?

Nope

#46     May 11, 2004
  7. reg

reg

The reason why the Iraqi lawyer/informer alerted the coaltion forces about the location of Jessica Lynch was because he saw Lynch's Iraqi interrogators slapping her while she was lying in bed, wounded. She was also sexually abused while in captivity, although this fact was kept hushed out of respect for Lynch.

#47     May 11, 2004
  8. From the transcript of Maj. Gen. Antonio M. Taguba:

. (S) I find that the intentional abuse of detainees by military police personnel included the following acts:

a. (S) Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees; jumping on their naked feet;

b. (S) Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees;

c. (S) Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explicit positions for photographing;

d. (S) Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time;

e. (S) Forcing naked male detainees to wear women’s underwear;

f. (S) Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate themselves while being photographed and videotaped;

g. (S) Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them;

h. (S) Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box, with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes, and penis to simulate electric torture;

i. (S) Writing “I am a Rapest” (sic) on the leg of a detainee alleged to have forcibly raped a 15-year old fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked;

j. (S) Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked detainee’s neck and having a female Soldier pose for a picture;

k. (S) A male MP guard having sex with a female detainee;

l. (S) Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least one case biting and severely injuring a detainee;

m. (S) Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.

(ANNEXES 25 and 26)

7.(U) These findings are amply supported by written confessions provided by several of the suspects, written statements provided by detainees, and witness statements. In reaching my findings, I have carefully considered the pre-existing statements of the following witnesses and suspects (ANNEX 26):

a. (U) SPC Jeremy Sivits, 372nd MP Company - Suspect

b. (U) SPC Sabrina Harman, 372nd MP Company – Suspect

c. (U) SGT Javal S. Davis, 372nd MP Company - Suspect

c. (U) PFC Lynndie R. England, 372nd MP Company - Suspect

d. (U) Adel Nakhla, Civilian Translator, Titan Corp., Assigned to the 205th MI Brigade- Suspect

(Names deleted)

8. (U) In addition, several detainees also described the following acts of abuse, which under the circumstances, I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses (ANNEX 26):

a. (U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees;

b. (U) Threatening detainees with a charged 9mm pistol;

c. (U) Pouring cold water on naked detainees;

d. (U) Beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair;

e. (U) Threatening male detainees with rape;

f. (U) Allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell;

g. (U) Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick.

h. (U) Using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee.

#48     May 11, 2004
  9. Cutten

Cutten

But waggie, you have to understand that some of the guys in the army these days are Kerry-voting liberal jerk-offs, who'll take any chance they can to help the terrorist insurgents and evildoers. Since there is no scandal, and just a bit of "softening up", obviously Mag. Gen. Taguba is exaggerating to smear the good name of the US armed forces and get Bush out of office. Besides, even if rapes and sexual abuse occured, well these prisoners are insurgents and deserve everything they get. The women and kids out there wouldn't hesitate to kill one of our soldiers, so we have to hit them first before they hit us.

Being a Republican voter, I'm surprised at you falling for this limp-wristed liberal BS.

#49     May 11, 2004
  10. So what? Welcome to war. Where is your transcript of the american bodies being dragged through the streets?

#50     May 11, 2004