Let's get real about prison abuse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 6, 2004.

1. mark1

mark1 Guest

what can I say?
    You are the pure essence of what I'm talking about.

edit : well at least you were honest .

#31     May 9, 2004
  2. mark1

mark1 Guest

sorry dude , you can't even read a chart.....

i'm outta here, this is not going anywhere

take care, I leave you the last word ;-)

#32     May 9, 2004
  3. "We're sorry, but war's a dirty job?" Then Nazis could say:
    "We are sorry to have gasified the jews our ennemies"

or arabs terrorists wouldn't say the same thing huh ?
    "we are sorry for 11th September but we are in war against the Evil US"

and then law against humanity crime and protection of prisonners are useless. That's what you want ? Yeah you are a barbarian !

We are indeed in a Regression phase of civilisation when Abnormality becomes a norm !

#33     May 9, 2004
  4. reg

reg

Good riddance and goodbye. Charts my ass.

#34     May 9, 2004
  5. reg

reg

Did anyone get killed while those pictures were being taken?
    Did anyone condemn the murder and mutilation of the 4 American contractors? Did they have to kidnap civilians and threaten to behead them? Could you please answer these questions?
    Camparing the Nazis to American troops in Iraq is a case of apples and oranges. These people don't play by the rules, so we have to do something different.
    Speaking of Sept. 11, weren't those who perished innocent civilians?
    Yes, we are indeed in a regression phase of civilization when abnormality becomes a norm, and you represent that abnormality.

#35     May 9, 2004
  6. These are excellent points. I support the US Milatary 100% and I say fuck the media. You have to stand up and fight for what you believe in and that's what the US is doing. I respect that and would be out there fighting along side them if I could be.

Allan

#36     May 11, 2004
  7. We have seen this all too familiar pattern before. Some relatively minor misconduct occurs. Say a breakin into the DNC. Or a sex scandal. Or some corporate fraud. Whatever. Then the media and political opportunists jump all over it and try to turn it into the crime of the century. They did it with Nixon, with Reagan, with Bush I, with Clinton and now Bush II.

I'll give the Dem's some props. They stood by their man, unlike the craven Republicans who couldn't wait to grease the skids for Nixon, and if he hadn't been so popular that the people would have revolted, with Reagan. Clinton was guilty of far worse than Nixon and in fact faced a moment when he could have been forced to resign. Instead the Senate Democrats chose party over country and stood by him and of course the cowardly Republicans pulled the plug on the imppeachment hearings. They were anxious to get back to corporate logrolling for their lobbyist paymasters.

Now we have this so-called prison scandal and Republican Senators are falling all over themselves to say how horrific it is and those seven privates should be thrown in prison themselves or maybe hanged publicly in Fallujah. For once, I wish one of them had the balls to stand up and say, "we don't condone it but it is not the human rights outrage it is being made out to be. We are in Iraq to do a job and this isnot going to deter us. Let's get the Generals and Colonels who were in charge in here and grill them and retire them, then move on."

#37     May 11, 2004
  8. You are so wrong about this issue that I am not even sure where to start, except for the fact that you have once again started a thread and tried to make an argument that is completely contrary to FACTS ALREADY KNOWN.

You have done this on so many occasions that I seriously wonder if you have cable TV or read the newspaper in the morning!

Let me guess, you still trade using "dial-up"?

:eek:

#38     May 11, 2004
  9. (of course) i'm wondering if this is all just a cleverly engineered plot by the bush regime to:

1)intimidate iraqi resistance
    2)garnish more support from redneck voters in the US
    3)inspire more terrorism, which helps bush get re-elected

#39     May 11, 2004
  10. mark1

mark1 Guest

finally someone who thinks out of the box, refreshing :)

#40     May 11, 2004