Let's do this together

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bluegar3, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Study the charts

patterns will emerge

#11     Apr 4, 2007
  2. craneman

craneman

First you need learn to trade yourself without the automated system IMHO. Once you pay your dues and learn to become consistently profitable (for a year or more) by manually trading with real money you will likely realize why your automated system isn't working. Books can't teach you emotions, and you'll only learn market sentiment and pace by experiencing it first hand. The same setup that made money today might not work tomorrow if there is fear or uncertainty in the market. Despite what you might think or hear there is no free lunch.

#12     Apr 4, 2007
  3. lescor

lescor

It's ALL about the exits. Everyone wants a great entry, and that's the easy part for authors and system sellers to come up with. However, it's exits, specifically the risk controls and profit taking strategies that generate the exits, that will determine how you fare.

This is assuming you have the emotional capability of following your system, which is no small task.

#13     Apr 4, 2007
  4. Agreed. He claims he made $400k in poker, and then has inferred in several threads that the online poker scene has dried up. A friend of mine is up a very similar amount and his profitability has not been hindered by any US closures.

Bluegar, if you did that well in poker, you should still be playing poker. You can trade and play, but it doesn't make sense to give up online poker altogether, not with the edge you have, nor for the reasons you stated.

#14     Apr 5, 2007
  5. AA48

AA48

Athens,Greece

#15     Apr 5, 2007
  6. SarahG

SarahG

Try Linda Raschke's trading room. I hear good things about her training style. I never joined it because I don't have the funds. Or else I would. I read her book "street smarts". Good book.

#16     Apr 5, 2007
  7. infooo

infooo

hmm

#17     Apr 5, 2007
  8. Just my personal opinion, and IMHO, I think discretionary trading is far better than automated stuff. Reason is, most people lose from entering positions or trades that visually they should have stayed away from. If you can teach a computer this, then great! Otherwise just relying on indicators etc may not work well. But I am no expert in this area, just prefer discretionary trading!!

http://lauristonletter.blogspot.com/

#18     Apr 5, 2007