Let's Discuss Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Gabfly1, Apr 21, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

3. Tom B

Tom B

Gabfly1 is a hater and a bigot.

4. reg

reg

Mock all you want, Gayfly. But on your dying day - when you come face to face with eternity - it will be you who will be begging for His mercy.

5. maxpi

maxpi

Evolution, big bang, all that shit is more ridiculous. People will jump up and down and swear that it's "science"... huh? What, somebody has recreated the experiment of creating a universe and it's been peer reviewed? Somebody observed the beginning of the universe? NO.......... NO..........NO..........NOT EVEN...... it's all conjecture wrapped up in a lot of scientific measurements that are far from scientific and the reasoning sucks... circular reasoning will get you an "F" in Philosophy 101 but an "A" in anthropology: "The strata is calibrated by the Geologic Column", and "the Geologic Column is calibrated by the Strata".. calibration is defined as comparison to a known standard, that is circular reasoning calibration and completely irrational!! Further, the "scientists" toss out all instrument readings that don't match their fantasy calibration and therefore they are always right!! How perfectly clever and what a way to get more government grants! Wow, hats off to you guys that are such great "scientists" !!!!!

"Scientists" measure the distance to stars using assumptions about red shift... but in ancient times there was a star that was described as one color and now it's another.. impossible by all "measures", and a slap in the face to the idea that all the colors are due to red shift... so what do "scientists" do? Throw out the ancient accounts of course! They hate Schlieman to this very day because they said the ancient accounts were myths, but he read them and found Troy and looted it! Stupid bastards don't get off their asses and check things out and somebody steals the booty from right under their noses! You snooze you lose morons!! and of course the Bible is just myth, LOL....

6. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

Just curious. Why must Evolution, big bang and religion be mutually exclusive?

7. grown men still fear fairy tales like hell and damnation? you are grown arent you?

"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history. "Robert Heinlein

8. You were never too quick to point out racism in the same way.

9. I'm really disappointed in you T-dog. Such an adolesent minded approach to a serious subject is beneath you. Anyone can have an opposing view, but why start a discussion with such insults. When I see that I have to believe the person on the other side of an issue isn't really interested in learning anything, they just want to rail away.
    You can do better. We all can!

10. What could I possibly be interested in learning? The local butcher knows as much about god as a cleric. They each had about as much personal contact with The Big One as the other.

I don't insult people's origins. Merely their chosen beliefs. And look at those beliefs when they are subjected to light. Yes, we can do better, by acknowledging those ideas, views and beliefs that objectively have merit, and objectively dismissing those that don't. If people don't want their beliefs critiqued, then they should not come here. They should hide where no one will poke holes at what they believe. However, if they wish to come here and basically dismiss anyone who doesn't share their views, as countless such posters have already done, then they should be prepared to much the same treatment.

Again, I'm not ridiculing people's origins, appearances and so on, which they can do nothing about. I am, however, dismissing voluntarily chosen views for what they are. What about the so-called "Christians" who don't even do that? Further, fundamentalist "Christians" want laws to reflect their beliefs. Well, this is a look at just how preposterous some of those beliefs are. Scary, isn't it?

#10     Apr 22, 2010