let's be religious and discriminate against gay people!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 6, 2003.

1. The "hostile work environment" issue typically involves women complaining about a locker room atmosphere at what had been all male job sites. Cases have involved incidents that are indeed hostile, such as verbal abuse and inappropriate sexually oriented conduct, to the the ridiculous, such as objections over pictures of girlfriends in bikinis. The classic is the pinup calendar, which every garage, factory and machine shop used to have. No more.

Therehave been racial cases as well, including one recent one in which whites were ordered to remove southern heritage icons like Confederate flagsfrom their tool boxes, etc. I view these types of cases as less hostile work environment and more cultural cleansing.

It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to see that gays will immediately be offended by a host of things in the workplace, such as religious symbols or quotations displayed by co-workers. Mandatory sensitivity training will give great deference to gay sensibilities and little to religious beliefs. Employers will no doubt face lawsuits on issues such as cross dressing.

I can appreciate that gays face workplace pressures in some situations, even as they enjoy advantages in others. The problem is that alleviating these pressures goes far beyond "tolerance", and puts the government foursquare behind the gay agenda, which I think is a bad idea.

#31     Nov 8, 2003
  2. Why am I not surprised that you are afraid of the "gay agenda."

#32     Nov 8, 2003

3. Great guffaws, it's, it's..... *gasp* .... NATURAL!

Yowza, that changes EVERYTHING, right, Gayko?

God you are SUCH a dickhead, Gayko, such a true dickhead (but ever so amusing) I can hardly imagine a fate worse than being you. You probably think you just made some Grand Point with the above, right? Moron.

WHO CARES if it's "natural"? So are poisonous mushrooms. Does that mean you don't avoid eating them?

Homosexuality being "natural" does in no way, shape or form imply that we have to accept into our lives as "normal" behavior; that we musn't be allowed to criticize it; to investigate it in order to determine if such behavior can be changed or prevented from occurring (without forcing people). Do you even have any idea about the subject, or is this just more of your typical Gayko BULLSHIT? I doubt it; as usual, it's pretty clear you know very little to nothing about the subjects you enthusiastically shout from the top of the hills about.

#33     Nov 8, 2003
  4. I suppose there needs to be a common understanding of what constitutes a hostile workplace. How have the legislatures and courts defined and interpreted this?

In your view, what is the gay agenda?

#34     Nov 8, 2003