let's be religious and discriminate against gay people!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 6, 2003.

1. many people already don't care too much about adultery. gay discrimination will slide next; and rightfully so.

#11     Nov 6, 2003
  2. Gordon,

Teaching against a practice is not the same thing as discriminating against those who are involved in the practice. Making these hateful blanket statements against religious people is just as bad as making hateful statements against gay people. Either way it is hate and that is the problem, not the solution.

#12     Nov 6, 2003
  3. one word

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEE!!!!

#13     Nov 6, 2003
  4. I see, you have the plain and correct interpretation of the Bible.

Funny how you always see people as twisting something you don't happen to agree with.

What is it like to be always right in interpretation of documents in which the authors are not available to query, and everyone else who doesn't agree with you is always wrong? Is that part of your Christian doctrine?

Last time I checked the umpteenth revision of the Bible, it was anything but plain in meaning.

#14     Nov 6, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

:eek: :eek:
    You've got to be joking GG.
    This is a hell of a way to rack up your posting total.:confused:

#15     Nov 6, 2003
  6. And if the mother convert to Islam and taught the children that Christianity was demonic, you would equally defend her religious freedom to teach her child whatever she wished.

#16     Nov 6, 2003
  7. For anyone traveling to Russia you now have to pass a HIV test as you enter the country.

An interesting paradox for religious organizations that run summer camps or activities where their people or employees are in contact with the public is 1. they cannot ask potential workers anything about HIV ( against the law), 2. but they can be charged with spreading the disease if someone they could not ask carries the HIV and passes it while working with the campers or public.

GG where does you discrimination fit in here?

#17     Nov 6, 2003
  8. burnin

burnin

you are gay, not that there is anything wrong with it, but you just dont know it yet

#18     Nov 6, 2003
  9. GG, you know that "supplement" that guy is selling you at the gym.... maybe you should curtail its use for awhile. I mean I know the muscle gain has been great, but it's beginning to take a toll.

:)

#19     Nov 6, 2003
  10. That's actually quite a nice point. In general, I think this is not an issue for the courts. There is a subtle difference however, as maligning Christians could be viewed as interfering with the father's religious freedom. Is it proper for a judge to decide which religion prevails? Probably not. Tough on the child though.

#20     Nov 6, 2003