let's be religious and discriminate against gay people!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 6, 2003.

1. let's be morons, who wants to join me!!?

in case you don't get it, i'm not serious. any religion that discriminates against gay people is nothing but a POS.

(spare the personal attacks. i don't care.)

2. Can the moderator of chit-chat clean house here? Gordon is filling up chit-chat with nothing but anti-religious crap and it is getting old.

3. ET: "Yes, there is more to life than trading! Drop in here to discuss things like politics, religion, cars, etc."

the world needs more anti-religious "crap" because religion is a bunch of bs and so many people like you aren't even aware of it.

don't click on the thread if you don't like it. IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!! wah wah

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

"You're walking around blind without a cane, pal. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place." - Gordon Gekko, Wall Street

5. i'm probably a better trader than you are. and i'm not joking!!

6. maxpi

maxpi

I'm not homophilic. I don't like the disease factor, I don't like the idea of a family man working for a queer, and his queer assistant, and his queer network, and not being able to make it because he isn't queer and I don't like the activism, it distracts our leaders from their jobs.

On the other hand I really do like that show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", a lot of us could get a real upgrade from that. Some of the guys that are the subject of the show have GIRLFRIENDS, and they have odor problems, butt crack problems, disorganizational problems, nose hair problems, pants not matching the shirts, and socks matching the shoes with shorts on and manners problems, and GOOD LOOKING, INTELLIGENT WOMEN, what is up with that?

:confused:

7. That goes to show you nobody likes to be subject to discrimination for what they are and what they are not.

I think you meant homophobic. Philic indicates attraction.

8. Virtually all major religions teach that homosexual activity is wrong. Some liberal congregations have twisted themselves into pretzels to avoid the plain meaning of the Bible, but they remain a minority. Even the great beacons of the left, the Soviet Union and Castro's Cuba, severely punished homosexual activity, so it is not solely a religious-based attitude.

Now I am not arguing for discrimination against gays. What I am saying is there seems to be a growing movement that tramples religious freedom under the boot of political correctness, in this case, basically forcing people to accept the gay agenda even though it is directly contrary to tenets of their religion. Don't tell me this doesn't happen, because I know it does. Try to keep your job if you go to "sensitivity training" and argue that homosexual activity is perverted and sinful.

I recently read of a case in which a mother was ordered ina custody proceeding not to teach her daughter that homosexual activity was wrong. That was in response to the mother becoming a Christian. I regard that as a direct infringement on her religious freedom.

I don't want to offend or hurt any gays' feelings, but I am at least as entitled to my beliefs and opinions as they are. And unlike the right to gay sex which had to be made up by the Supreme Court, the right to religious freedom is there in black and white in the First Amendment.

9. i'll sum this up nicely...

i am not gay, but i defend gays strongly.

being gay is not a choice. acting on your sexuality is a choice.

although being gay may be a flaw, in that it doesn't promote reproduction, THE FLAW OCCURS IN NATURE; THEREFORE, IT IS NATURAL. GAYNESS IS PART OF NATURE--FLAW OR NOT.

so now we have people who are gay and it probably is not even by their own doing. SO LET'S BASH THEM AND DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THEM!!!! MY 1000 YEAR OLD RELIGION SAYS SO! IT IS THE WORD OF GOD!!

now, i will say that a religion SHOULD be able to say we accept this and we don't accept that--whether it makes sense or not. HOWEVER, a religion that does this SHOULD BE MOCKED, BASHED, TRASHED, AND REVEALED AS THE TRUE POS THAT IT IS. the gay discrimination in religion stems from the stone age origins of religion; back when people didn't know a damn thing, just discovered fire, and were basically savages. just look at the iraqis throwing people off 3 story buildings. those are the type of thinkers that started many of these religions--be proud.

so what is the solution? TRASH THE HELL OUT OF THE OBVIOUS CRAP THAT IS RELIGION, SEPARATE IT FROM GOVERNMENT TOTALLY, BECAUSE IT IS FULL OF SH!T LIKE THIS, AND SUPPORT GAY RIGHTS UNTIL PEOPLE COME TO THEIR SENSES, FIGHT THE BRAINWASHING, AND ABANDON RELIGIOUS NONSENSE. SADLY, THIS MAY TAKE CENTURIES.

GG for Pres., 2028.

10. Are you saying that religions that teach that "leading a homosexual lifestyle is sinful" are discriminating against gay people? I've got news for you, they also teach against adultary. Is this also wrong? Where is your outrage for the adulterors?

It isn't the people that these religions are against, it is the sinful act. You don't believe in sin since you have repudiated your belief in God, and by definition sin is acting against God's law. That's your choice. But for those of us who do believe in the God of the bible, his laws are plain to understand.

My own view is that it's too bad so many religions have given in to the pressure to loosen morals and changed their teachings on morality across the board, in spite of what has been taught by prophets on this subject. There has been a marked decline in morality in the last 20 years and I frankly don't see that as a positive development.

#10     Nov 6, 2003