lets be honest

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Halal Burger, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Quit nitpicking, that's the problem with some on ETrader. I'll refrain from flaming.
    What's your point. Same as mine.

It is clear from my quote which states the market is a collection of people. Whether it is 1 person or 1 million, just like ANY game involving people u are trading against people. Mr Market has a collective opinion, and is what matters. People/participants have differing opinions..if it doesnt agree with Mr Market => losers.
    Got to be winners and losers.

Res Ipsa Locquitor.

#41     Apr 3, 2003
  2. Seriously though, if you are a would be trader and you are adopting this mentality of the 90/10, you shouldn't be either trading or investing. Stay out of the market, buy a cave in the mountains and keep your money under your pillow.

Never will you make a penny or have the strength of mind to rise above those 90% and become part of the Elite. Recognizing you are and will be a loser is exactly the psychological roadblock that will lead you to losses (great losses moreover).

As to whether you are betting against a crowd or an average of the market or a single person, it all depends on the situation.

"You can beat the market in beans but you can't beat the beans market."
    - Jesse Livermore

#42     Apr 3, 2003
  3. I don't think 90% of traders actually fail...

I think that Victor Niederhoffer just screwed up the Bell Curve!!

#43     Apr 3, 2003
  4. I thought we were trading against the big money scammers and tape painters. My mistake.

#44     Apr 3, 2003
  5. "Seriously though, if you are a would be trader and you are adopting this mentality of the 90/10, you shouldn't be either trading or investing. Stay out of the market, buy a cave in the mountains and keep your money under your pillow."

you got it.

LETS BE HONEST......people who focus on the failure of others to justify their own failure, shouldn't be trading.

#45     Apr 3, 2003

6. Or you can adopt the mindset that you are part of the 10% and go ahead and take other peoples money.:D

#46     Apr 3, 2003
  7. Or you can adopt the mindset that you are part of the 10% and go ahead and take other peoples money.

Now your talking.

#47     Apr 3, 2003
  8. you can be a part of the 90% until you figure this game out, then become one of the winners. Thats what I did.

#48     Apr 3, 2003
  9. Congratulations.:p

#49     Apr 3, 2003
  10. My father once told me that being at the top of your profession isn't about you being so good, but your competition being so bad.

Then again, he was talking about being a doctor...which is kind of disturbing when you think about it.

:eek:

#50     Apr 3, 2003