lets allmove to holland..

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SWINGTRADER77, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Locutus

Locutus

You people are morons. Someone mentions Holland (incidentally where I am from) and you drivel on about islamic conversion?

Stupid hillbillies, probably couldn't even point out your own country on a map. And for the racist fucks, Holland is a bastion of whiteness compared to the US or most other places really, so you're wrong whichever way you turn it. Hah. But whatever, I win this thread anyway because I didn't mention ******.

Retards.

#11     Jan 7, 2011
  2. if we all moved to Holland it would sink

#12     Jan 7, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2314448/posts

Mohammad is a very popular name.
    are your parents dutch?

"Mohamed Most Popular Baby Name in Dutch Cities
    NISNews ^ | August 12 2009

Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:20:37 PM by knighthawk

THE HAGUE, 13/08/09 - Mohamed is by far the most popular name for babies in the Netherlands' four major cities. Additionally, many more boys are called Mohamed than the statistics suggest, Elsevier magazine reported yesterday.

Party for Freedom (PVV) MPs Geert Wilders and Sietse Fritsma requested the cabinet in written questions this week for a Top 7 of the most popular names in the big cities and for the Netherlands as a whole. Elsevier already received this data from the Social Insurance Bank (SVB).

The SVB data shows that in the four major cities - Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht - Mohamed (and the variations thereon like Mohammed and Muhammed) is by far the most frequently given name among boys. In The Hague, the various variants of the name of the Islamic Prophet even take first, second and fifth place in the Top 5.

In Amsterdam, Mohamed and Mohammed come first and fourth, and Mohamed also comes top in Utrecht. In Rotterdam, Jayden is the most popular name, but if the various spellings of the Islamic prophet are combined, his name is also the unchallenged number one there.

SVB generally only publishes national baby-naming statistics. Elsevier comments that the various ways of writing 'Mohamed' are also regarded by SVB as different names - as a result of which this name misleadingly fails to appear in the Top 20 nationally, the magazine notes. If the four most customary spellings of 'Mohamed' are combined, the prophet's name comes 16th nationwide."

http://snipurl.com/1soga8"Mohamed Most Popular Baby Name in Dutch Cities
    NISNews ^ | August 12 2009

Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:20:37 PM by knighthawk

THE HAGUE, 13/08/09 - Mohamed is by far the most popular name for babies in the Netherlands' four major cities. Additionally, many more boys are called Mohamed than the statistics suggest, Elsevier magazine reported yesterday.

Party for Freedom (PVV) MPs Geert Wilders and Sietse Fritsma requested the cabinet in written questions this week for a Top 7 of the most popular names in the big cities and for the Netherlands as a whole. Elsevier already received this data from the Social Insurance Bank (SVB).

The SVB data shows that in the four major cities - Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht - Mohamed (and the variations thereon like Mohammed and Muhammed) is by far the most frequently given name among boys. In The Hague, the various variants of the name of the Islamic Prophet even take first, second and fifth place in the Top 5.

In Amsterdam, Mohamed and Mohammed come first and fourth, and Mohamed also comes top in Utrecht. In Rotterdam, Jayden is the most popular name, but if the various spellings of the Islamic prophet are combined, his name is also the unchallenged number one there.

SVB generally only publishes national baby-naming statistics. Elsevier comments that the various ways of writing 'Mohamed' are also regarded by SVB as different names - as a result of which this name misleadingly fails to appear in the Top 20 nationally, the magazine notes. If the four most customary spellings of 'Mohamed' are combined, the prophet's name comes 16th nationwide."

http://snipurl.com/1soga8

#13     Jan 7, 2011
  4. nope- my sir name is Johnson- pure anglo/ saxon- yours?

#14     Jan 7, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

now i know, why muslims are moving in :p

#15     Jan 7, 2011
  6. Quote of the day

#16     Jan 7, 2011
  7. Locutus

Locutus

Thanks. Either way, I'm sorry this perception of the Netherlands (Holland doesn't exist) seems to be so prevalent. There are issues with non-native Dutch, but this is mostly standard (i.e. higher crime rates, poverty and so forth) which means they get blamed for everything that goes wrong.

The crime rates in the US are far higher. There are many ghettos in the US where I would fear for my life. The only downside the the Netherlands is we don't have guns to fight what little crime we have. I'm quite jealous you guys get to have even assault weapons.

And no my name is not Mohammed or anything similar, lol. That article is bogus. Here is the official list of most popular names http://www.svb.nl/int/nl/kinderbijslag/actueel/kindernamen/index.jsp

If you limit the study to certain areas I'm sure you will find out that the most popular name in the US is Shani'qua or somesuch.

#19     Jan 8, 2011
  8. LeeD

LeeD

Haha, there may be a caveat to this.

In many Muslim families, every man is given the first name Mohammed. If they are having a family dinner and a phone rings "Can I speak to Mohammed?", every one of 8 men would say "I am Mohammed". Naturally, everyone has a different second name so that they can be distinguished.

The "official" list porbably lists first names or given names but not all names given to each person. This is a small shade of hope for those who want to believe the "bogus" article.

For some reason, the official list doesn't list the number of babies given with each name...

BTW, the list is the exact reason that one has to learn some Dutch (or at least German). The Web-site doesn't have an English version.

#20     Jan 8, 2011