Let's all chip in for Gordon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Jun 12, 2003.

1. hail mary may have been a bad way to put it. the trade was not anything crazy. i just considered it to be my last trade, since if it wasn't a winner, i'd be below $2000. it was not a foolish trade. it just didn't happen to be a winner.

and as i've already said, i wouldn't accept money from anyone...

#31     Jun 12, 2003
  2. WTF have you been doing for the past three years??? :confused:

what kind of jerkwater trades you doing?? :eek:

#32     Jun 12, 2003
  3. What - You're saying you risked not 1%, 2%, but 10% of your equity in one trade, and in the same breath you're saying it wasn't a foolish trade? :confused: :eek:

~Scientist

#33     Jun 12, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why, thank you, Scientist, though I don't suppose I need to point out that GG failed without any help from me at all.

And where will I find all those posts of yours helping the less fortunate?

#34     Jun 12, 2003
  5. dpanic

dpanic

I'm truly sorry for his difficulties. I hope that I will survive but it's a tough business. my 2 cents though, he has over 2000 ET post and taking a quick look at them it doesn't appear that there's really much serious content there. I'm sure Gordon and other 1000+ posters are in into ET as a form of entertainment and that's cool however I don't think that spending all your time on ET is really all that constructive when it comes to developing ones own trading style and maintaining focus. One of my most significant turning points to profitability came when I quit subscribing to advisory newsletters and chatrooms. My advice is to stay focused and work hard but get outside and get some exercise and fresh air, take your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend out occasionally. Maybe get some once and a while :) Trading really isn't that hard but I don't see how anyone can stay focused and mentally sharp and still respond to every chit chat post or get into these 50 page flamefest.

I'm sure I'll get flamed but I can take it. I've watched ET on and off for the past 2 years, happily mostly off and somebody please slap me if you see me ever post on chit chat again :)

Gene

#35     Jun 12, 2003
  6. ...but why do you have to kick the boy in the ribs when he's down? :eek:

#36     Jun 12, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Now that's an interesting question from you.

If you'll look back, I said I was glad that he was finally quitting. What disgusted me - and still does - is the behavior of those who would perpetuate this misery simply because they refuse to recognize his weaknesses and fears in themselves.

Those of you who encourage GG to continue must have enjoyed using magnifying lenses on ants when you were little. Scientist, in particular, probably.

#37     Jun 12, 2003

8. you got a serious problem with negative vibes dude. i'm talkin serious problem here. GG isn't you. whatever shite is going on in your life right now don't dump it all over GG. :eek:

ps even your sig has negative connotations. (do you dress all in black? :eek: )

#38     Jun 12, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

LOL!! Good grief, how old are you, "dude"?

#39     Jun 12, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And I'm not surprised you have no idea what my signature means.

#40     Jun 12, 2003