Let us now hear from the Creationists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Everybody's branding nowadays!

You left out the © symbol.

#51     Mar 2, 2005
  2. What you seem to think is beyond comprehension, is actually commonplace. A product liability lawsuit for a design defect does not depend on the designer's intent. All that is necessary is for the product to injure someone while being used in a manner that an ordinary consumer would reasonably believe safe.

So, while I may not be able to comprehend the full purpose of, for example, the female reproductive system, it's pretty obvious to the reasonable person that the purpose of the system is to produce offspring. And, if the female is injured in the process, then the system is defective, and the plaintiff is entitled to compensatory and consequential damages.

Of course, this is a legal argument, but, as you are attempting to use the, "no mere mortal can know the mind of God," argument, I'm entitled to use an argument used daily by God's creations to deal with situations where a designer's intent cannot be perfectly ascertained.

#52     Mar 2, 2005
  3. So anything you cannot confirm or verify from where you stand is opinion?

How about whether or not you are dreaming right now? Is your conclusion just an opinion, because you cannot verify that your verifications are not just part of a dream sequence?

Facts are facts, whether or not you personally hold them as opinions or facts. There is a precise understanding in our language of the difference between fact and opinion.

That you personally can't verify what can be verified doesn't make a fact suddenly an opinion.

It is a fact that either I am a Christian or not, the reality of my status of being a Christian or not is not a matter of opinion though, it is a factual condition as there is an accepted way in which to verify the truth or falsity of being Christian.

Only in situations where facts cannot be determined by any means does the category of opinion apply. This is exactly what differentiates opinion from fact, and why the theory of evolution of species is not a fact, but an opinion.

This is so funny, this is really too easy.

It is of no importance to me that anyone knows my theology.

I know what it is, that is what counts.

#53     Mar 2, 2005
  4. surf is now promoting Hank Rollins, who of course is surf.

#54     Mar 2, 2005

5. as i said earlier, creation speaks for a creator. no other evidence is needed.

#55     Mar 2, 2005
  6. Well, apparently, the precise understanding that YOU have for what a scientific fact is, is not the same as that understanding held by the majority of the scientific community. If it were, then either you would accept evolution, or the scientific community would reject it.

And, you're quite right. This is really too easy.

#56     Mar 2, 2005

7. LOL ! common law copyright is all i need.

:D :D

#57     Mar 2, 2005
  8. Why bother to post your opinion, when the entire thread is premised to avoid opinion in favor of factual arguments?

#58     Mar 2, 2005
  9. The theory of evolution of the species is not a fact.

I challenge you to provide proof that it is a fact that has been verfied scientifcally as not possibly being false or untrue, and also provide a link to where the majority of scientists state that the in the scientific community they should stop saying "Theory of evolution of the species" and change it to "Fact of evolution of the species."

Yes, much too easy to show your lack of evidence to support your claims of fact.

#59     Mar 2, 2005
  10. G'N'R

G'N'R

I like you, Kent.

I like the way you think.
    :D

#60     Mar 2, 2005