Let us now hear from the Creationists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Mar 2, 2005.

1. It is merely your opinion that what you see in the world is the product of intelligent design -- nothing more nor less.

Re your assertion that you are not a Christian, you could be lying in order to bolster your current argument. I do not know. And, there are a number of definitions of what a Christian is -- your actions in the real world may support one of those definitions.

But, in as much as you are stating that you are not a Christian, perhaps you will tell us all your theology.

#41     Mar 2, 2005
  2. Is it an incorrect conclusion?

#42     Mar 2, 2005
  3. Yes. You assume that the purpose of a thing cannot be assertained by examination alone. This is a ridiculous assertion. Example:

Any reasonably intelligent child handed a box full of blocks will play with them and eventually start using them to build something. The child has thus discovered the purpose of the blocks without knowing the mind of the creator, even though the child has never met the creator, and couldn't converse with him/her even if a meeting were to occur.

#43     Mar 2, 2005
  4. Only a foolish child would criticize the competence of a product's design without first understanding the full intent of the designer.

#44     Mar 2, 2005
  5. Another conclusion unsupported by any facts. Thank you for your opinion.

#45     Mar 2, 2005
  6. It is the opinion of atheists that God does not exist. It is the opinion of theists that God does exist.

It is the opinion of evolutionary proponents that there is no intelligent designer at work.

It is the opinion of those who support intelligent design theory that there is an intelligent designer at work.

Perhaps you don't understand what the concept of opinion means, which is odd as the court renders opinions all the time.

A theory doesn't need 100% proof or fact to hold the status of opinion or theory, all it requires is a reasonable position supporting the opinion. Yet is is implied by status of theory rather than fact that the theory may not be true.

The problem with the theory of evolution of species or the theory of intelligent is that neither theory can offer up any test or fact that would falsify or prove the respective theories conclusively and incontrovertibly.

What fact could prove intelligent design theory false?

What fact could prove theory of the evolution of the species false?

Because you lack evidence of fact, then you conclude that my statement of not being a Christian is an opinion?

LMAO. The fact of my not being Christian can be verified by the tests that Christianity have put forth, thus it is either a true or a false statement.

An opinion can be such that while supported by reason and common sense, there may be no proof it the opinion is true or false by any scientific test.

I have stated my theology previously in other threads.
    One post I made in thread with RS7 made my position quite clear.

If important to you, you can search for that information.

#46     Mar 2, 2005
  7. the rejection of and ignorance toward all things spiritual, as evidenced in this thread, is a frightening reminder of man's inability to deal with the unknown.

hank rollins 2005

hank

#47     Mar 2, 2005
  8. Do you consider yourself in a position to criticize the competence of a product's design without first obtaining a comprehension of the intent of the designer?

#48     Mar 2, 2005
  9. Your theology is not important to me. Evidently, having others know it is not important to you.

As for your statement that you are not a Christian, this may be a fact, but I have no means of verifying it from here, so as far as I'm concerned, it's just another opinion.

This is similar to your dissatisfaction with evolutionary proof. What satisfies as proof for you is different than what satisfies as proof for me.

#49     Mar 2, 2005
  10. I don't reject all things spiritual. But this thread is supposed to be about putting forth scientific evidence of intelligent design, and it has already degenerated into a bunch of unsupported opinions.

#50     Mar 2, 2005