let this be a lesson about regulations.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Palm beach voted Allen West as their US Rep.Republicans won that district 4 out of the last 5 elections

Sanford operated out of Houston with most his his clients in Texas and Louisiana.They were the ones whining the most

#11     Jul 10, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

What you said the first time is embarassing enough, you should really know when to "fold em"

#12     Jul 10, 2012
  3. Maybe you don't understand that if palm beach keeps electing republicans as their representatives there are a lot of republicans there.

#13     Jul 10, 2012

4. There are many laws against bank robbery, yet over 5,000 banks get robbed every year. Thousands more are hit by embezzlement. Having more laws against robbing banks won't change anything.

I'd like to know if this is a result of lax regulations -- something that could be fixed by changing the regs; or if this is a result of a thief who saw an opportunity and took it -- like a bank robbery.

#14     Jul 10, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Thats just it, there were already many laws in place to make this kind of shit illegal, what good does it do introducing a bunch of new laws, if the regulators coudnt even do anything about it to begin with....

What good does it do to add more laws so that criminals like Corzine go to jail, if no one is even willing to enforce the laws that are already on the books....

#15     Jul 10, 2012
  6. Solution is simple:

All fiduciaries entrusted with client funds must maintain a surety bond at all times equal to 110 % of the daily mark to market value of all assets and cash in their control.

You can't drive without insurance.
    Soon you can't live without insurance.
    You can't do business without insurance.

Make it mandatory... All the banks pay for FDIC.

If I were a broker/dealer I would get a surety bond and advertise to all clients your funds and assets are 100% insured.

#16     Jul 10, 2012
  7. wjk

wjk

In order for regulation to work, there must be accountability. Madoff was held to account, Corzine has not been. I find it interesting that one was a politician, one was not. One is in jail, the other is a free man. Side note: The free man is not a republican.

#17     Jul 10, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

If a behavior is not against a law/regulation then how can it be formally punished?

#18     Jul 10, 2012