let`s see if we get follow through for Bear Rally!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bluestreak, I have met many morons in my life. That's bound to happen when you are in this industry long enough and you have moved around as much as I have. But you sir, you take the cake. Not just one slice or two, but the whole f*cking thing. The only question in my mind is what your choice of anti-depressants are and how strong the dosage is. Part of me thinks I have seen you on TV, perhaps on one of those Dateline specials with the 45 year old guy showing up at a house 500 miles away to have sex with a 12 year old boy. The other part of me thinks you are a retired truck driver that got interested in the market after going to one of those free InvestTools Seminars. Either way, you sir have something to be proud of. An ignorance so deep, an intellect so shallow, a gene pool so devoid of substance.

While your busy pontificating your theories on the markets, maybe you can explain to me while every market around the world is breaking out to new highs. Are we holding up and manipulating all these markets around the world? Are we?

And Goldman isn't doing as well as you think either. Their flagship hedge fund is underwater for the year. Goldman made all their money this year on investment banking fees and fixed income markets jackass, not on their trading gains.

Go forth into the night and hang your head proudly, you are an invitation away from a Jerry Lewis telethon.

#11     Dec 14, 2006
  2. LMAO :D

#12     Dec 14, 2006
  3. rcj

rcj

Well, damn .... Mav, i havent seen you get this animated since the 'ol zero sum market thread. Mercy. Poor Blue.

#13     Dec 14, 2006
  4. your the idiot goose i mean maverick-----couldn`t make it as a flyboy...huh

In trading and principal investments, the company's biggest business, revenue rose 57 percent to $6.63 billion. Fixed income, currencies and commodities trading income surged 58 percent to $3.10 billion as bonds and commodities gains were offset in part by declines in currencies and mortgages.

do your research moron, do you know how many investment funds gs has? take a guess idiot! It is more than one!!! OR TWO!!! OR THREE!!!! KEEP RESEARCHING!!!!!!

They make money from every angle you can imagine.....even some you can`t like tha granny buying a bunch of otm call options this summer.

that was one small fund.......it just made news b/c it was titled "hedge fund" of which they have many.....let alone their other investment funds, alternative investment funds, etc.....

get a clue.........i bet you think.....that they really believed bidu was worth 27 a share when they came out with that analyst memo right when bidu was 114.00 a share last year.......saying that bidu was worth exactly 27.00 a share.........not even 30.00.............this after spending 4 months pumping the ipo to all of wallstreet..............get a clue moron.......its how the game is played when you have size/power that can`t be seriously indicted...........has bidu ever come close to 27.00 a share..........hell no.........guess who was on the wrong side of that trade..............GS-------THEY NEEDED THAT STOCK TO GO DOWN-----and they made it---------otherwise they were going to be sued by bidu for stealing all THEIR IPO MONEY, and they---GS was short he stock at the time--------and were getting killed when it shot up that day to 122.00---common knowledge---gs---was short the stock----------but who would mess with gs-------they have ex-gs people all over....governor of new jersey, head of nyse, fed bank of new york, treasurer....and on and on------------they contol wallstreet------------that story was a plant right before earnings to mollify the press...."see we can lose money too"----i.e., they still got bad press in the nypost "front-page"---you think they just happened to divulge that story a couple days BEFORE EARNINGS----they don`t have to break down any SPECIFIC earnings unless they WANT to-----------its their version of exxon-mobil taking out a full page add in the journal---to say, that we don`t have high margins you know-----even though we just made 10 billion last qtr...its a pr tactic-----------get a clue goose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read more than the headlines next time----------read the whole earning`s report before you put your foot in your mouth again!!!!

#14     Dec 14, 2006
  5. wonder why this fund is registered in Ireland.....hint.....it has to do with making money:)

At Goldman, asset management and securities services produced $485 million, or 21 percent, of its $2.36 billion in pretax profit for the fiscal third quarter. The Amaranth traders will work for Goldman Sachs Asset Management, which includes the firm's hedge fund business.

Fee Structure

So-called alternative assets including hedge funds, private equity and real estate accounted for $139 billion of the $629 billion overseen by Goldman's asset-management division at the end of August.

Goldman typically receives annual performance fees during the fiscal first quarter ending in February. In the first quarter of fiscal 2006, Goldman's asset-management revenue included $739 million of incentive fees from alternative-investment products, up from $131 million a year earlier.

The Global Alpha fund, which started in 1995 with $10 million, uses computer-driven models to help make investment decisions. Other so-called macro strategy funds, which bet on global stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities, are up an average of about 7 percent this year through November, according to Hedge Fund Research. Last year Global Alpha rose almost 40 percent, said two investors who declined to be identified.

Registered in Ireland

Managed by Mark Carhart and Raymond Iwanowski, both 40, Global Alpha lost money partly on wrong-way bets that equities in Japan would rise, stocks in the rest of Asia and the U.S. would fall, and the dollar would strengthen, according to two investors in the funds. In August, the fund lost almost 10 percent from unprofitable investments in the global bond markets.

The euro strengthened against the dollar in the past two months, reaching a high of $1.32 against the dollar at the end of November, up from a low of $1.25 on Oct. 13. Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Index gained about 3 percent so far this year, 10 percentage points less than the S&P 500.

Allied World Assurance Holdings Ltd. said in an October filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that Goldman's Global Alpha Fund Plc, which is registered in Ireland, charges a management fee equal to 1.5 percent of assets and keeps 20 percent of investment gains. Allied World is a Bermuda-based insurer.

#15     Dec 14, 2006
  6. Equities trading revenue — an area that was expected to be sluggish due to a market downturn toward the end of the quarter — rose to $2.35 billion from $1.11 billion, its second best performance ever. Revenue from asset management and securities services rose 37 percent to $1.61 billion.

always like to provide different sources to back up my case-----and to make goose look more like a guy who doesnt know what he is talking about.....or as lawyers say----discredit the witness!!!

#16     Dec 14, 2006
  7. that last number is from the june 13, 2006 (previous qtr) to show goldman sachs is making money hand over fist---and have been for the last 4 years---anybody who thinks that GS is not a powerful force on wallstreet, and that look.....see this little "hedge fund" lost money as an indication validating the aformentioned claim needs a reality check.

Bottom line: just make sure your on the same side as GS when you place a trade---and they were the ones selling to all you "rally monkeys" after the better than expected retail sales numbers came out!!

#17     Dec 14, 2006
  8. yeah right, gs made a series of horrendous bets, beginning with that boatload of puts they bot months ago against their own stock. abbey is a good girl and prolly the most competent of the bunch and worth listening to but recent history tells u have better odds fading gs decisions than buying into them.

#18     Dec 14, 2006
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

maverick74

Please understand i am not interested in rattling your cage but just curious about something.

What is the difference between f*cking and the proper spelling?

One wears a condom and the other goes NAKED?

.....:eek:

#19     Dec 14, 2006
  10. hi clown,
    u really think u are funny innit. u are the most pathetic creature i met and surely the most boring tool hanging around these boards. please give up trying to make jokes..u are incredibly bad at it and have no clue of what makes poeple laugh...i bet women really despise u.

boy if you are in one of a kind miserable sorry state, it must really suck to be u.

#20     Dec 14, 2006