Let me tell you a little bit about Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Holy sheep shit Batman, that's been my guy for the last 4 elections.....

#141     Dec 14, 2007
  2. (Ron Paul owns Huckabee on Fox News

Ron Paul was on Fox News this morning, and when he was asked about Mike Huckabee, he gave this response, quoting Sinclair Lewis: "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross.")*

* from ronpaulfan.blogspot.com

I think this tells you a lot of what you need to know about ron paul and his cheering blogosphere fanbase.

At least they'll feel good spouting off, while he gets his arse kicked in the primaries.:D

#142     Dec 18, 2007
  3. watching people take sides on Ron Paul has been very interesting as far as differentiating the conservatives on ET who actually possess conservative values, vs guys who act like they do, but are revealing themselves to be closet big govt, intrusive govt liberals

.. there are a few people who've been flying their supposed conservative/republican colors for years who were apparently never conservatives... just elitists

#143     Dec 18, 2007
  4. Paul was on the Glenn Beck show today, and I found it very disturbing at how much of a pacifist he claimed to be.

I didn't catch the whole interview, just the ending when he summed things up, so perhaps I missed something important, but it sure seemed like he's very much a dove. I worry that he's a turn-the-other-cheek kind of guy. In this day and age, that is potentially a recipe for this country's destruction.

Any of you Ron Paul supporters feel free to set the record straight on his views of national defense.

#144     Dec 19, 2007
  5. sure, i understand where you're coming from. none of us want that. peace is good, but not weakness. we need to differentiate them

for starters here's Paul's summary on war policy:
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/war-and-foreign-policy/

personally i think bush has done a tremendous amount of damage to our national security for reasons (arguments) i'm sure we're all mostly familiar with. ron paul wants to confront what a lot of people feel are the deeper threats to our security and sovereignty. borders, credit based economic policy, overextension.

i have no doubt ron paul would unleash the full force of our strength if required, in a manner consistent with the threat at hand. personally, i trust his strength because he's going after what i perceive as the fundamental weaknesses to our long term security and not attempting to sell the country a short-term perception of a strong fight, while conducting policies that actually undermine our long term security (george w bush). ron paul is addressing problems which indicate that he's serious about strengthening our country.

#145     Dec 19, 2007
  6. dinoman

dinoman

Read the book "Blow Back" then respond again.

If not I will provide you a basic scenario that may help you understand his stance on it.

#146     Dec 19, 2007
  7. Please proceed with the basic scenario.

#147     Dec 21, 2007