Let me subsidize your foolhardy home purchase...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mvic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Prophets of doom...

#11     Jan 23, 2008
  2. No, actually he has a good point.

The only thing is, I honestly don't believe it was planned. I think it is the result of, well, what would be by normal standards ... AN INSANE AND RAMPANT AMOUNT OF GREED, coupled with, as the gentleman who was downsized so his job could be outsourced will tell you, ABSOLUTELY NO CONCERN FOR THE AMERICAN CITIZEN, whatever or whoever that might be at this point in time (if I hear an Indian accent on the fone of a sales or customer service call, I instantly hang-up, fwiw).

My only question is when do people start rioting ... OK, OK that probably isn't going to happen, but you really have to wonder who the hell could possibly be steering this ship.

The answer: NO ONE. I have a sneaky suspicion that what most human beings think of as moral behavior has left the building.

This is now a purely capitalistic society, and it's all about the hunt. I don't know. Maybe I'm naive, but at one point in my life I actually thought some things "mattered", now I see that the only thing that matters, is what matters to you. :cool:

P.S. They're right, btw, cdcolvin . If you can't afford the home, you should sell it and move to a studio apartment, or whatever. Not that you will, your business is your own, but no one should be left holding the bag for someone else's actions in life, you should be held responsible and accountable for your own.

That's not personal in the least, best wishes and good luck (we're all gonna need a little bit of it).

#12     Jan 23, 2008