"Let me be clear" Obama's jobs speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nutmeg, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Bullshit. There are about 6000 new rules and regulations these dicktwats are trying to put forward.

Sorry the truth is hurting you

#11     Sep 4, 2011
  2. pspr

pspr

Absolutely correct.

"How Obama’s rules hold back Chicago business"

.....Appropriate and responsible regulations play an important policymaking role. Yet the Obama administration has turned rule-making into an assault on American businesses and the jobs they create. Right now, 4,257 new regulations are in the works, 219 of which will cost over $100 million annually — 15 percent more than last year.

Just one rule has Chicago White Metal Casting, a Bensenville manufacturer employing 240, fighting to survive in an already tough economy. They’ll soon face a restriction regulating greenhouse gases from stationary sources. After the congressional defeat of cap and trade, the EPA began implementing the job-destroying scheme through regulations. The EPA estimates this regulation will cost businesses $132 million the first year and add EPA oversight to 10,000 new facilities.....

http://www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews/7371593-452/how-obamas-rules-hold-back-chicago-business.html

#12     Sep 4, 2011
  3. "According to the Competitive Enterprise Institute, 3,752 new rules were created last year and there are 4,225 new ones in some stage of preparedness."

#13     Sep 4, 2011
  4. "Let me be clear: The idea of "Labor" has been tested, and that idea has failed" .

Labor Day is the new April Fool's Day.

"Now eat your peas."

#14     Sep 4, 2011
  5. TGregg

TGregg

How's that Hopenchange™ working out for everyone? Not so well?

#15     Sep 4, 2011
  6. Sorry, it ain't 1980 anymore, so you're old time solutions just aren't going to work. The USA is not, cannot, and will not be competitive with nations that have NO regulations, NO Labor law and a population that will work for a buck a day. So unless you're prepared to live in a sewer, quite literally, and work for slave wages at best...it's over. That is, unless there's something on the job creation horizon of the magnitude that the desk top computer was. Something that's a game changer. Without that, telling corporate America they can dump shit in the river again just won't do.

#16     Sep 4, 2011
  7. Speaking of dumping shit in the river.

Way back I used to haul demo to the landfill. Maybe 1992, (really not that long ago) a load would cost 25 cents to dump. Then the EPA regulated landfills. New price $35 a ton. What changed? Nothing, still dumped the shit in the same old place. A year later, the price became $65 a ton. Still dumping shit in the same old hole in the ground. Then you had to buy a $500 annual permit to enter the landfill, then pay your $65 a ton. Then they wanted you to have liability insurance to enter the landfill, another 2k a year.

Landfills were a freakin goldmine for the town. Fast forward to last year. The landfill is broke, I didn't care to inquire further but I think they sold off the revenue with bonds some years ago, probably crapped out in '08 with everything else.

Point being, business got squeezed with these prices, the customers got raped and we are still dumping shit in the same old hole in the ground.

#17     Sep 4, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

The more i hear about the EPA the more it makes me want to fill a truck full of garbage, and go to their headquarters in the middle of the night, and dump it all over their lawn.

#18     Sep 4, 2011
  9. I don't know how it is now (I'm sure not any better) but when I quit the business we were dumping the stuff on a conrete pad inside a very large metal building at the landfill, then they had three guys who would pick through the stuff, oops here a piece of cardboard, take that back, oh here's apiece of metal, take that back. We had to take this stuff and cart it around elsewhere. This stuff took time and was petty.

Then the guys would take loaders, picked it up and put it in a container, then haul it to the top of the landfill and dump it.

Productivity, down the tubes.
    --------

Hazardous waste? Forget it. You didn't want to go near it. You were a target for fines.

#19     Sep 4, 2011
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

We have a little farther to go.

Massive Unemployment.

Massive foreclosed property seizure by banks.

Massive migration.

Return to agrarian economy.

Then you'll see a revolution. Unless the government is willing to turn the military loose against citizens we'll see new parties. It may still be democracy and our constitution may survive but republicans and democrats will be renamed, repackaged and reformed.

#20     Sep 5, 2011