Lessons learned from a losing trade: NFLD

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ACM Trader, Dec 21, 2006.

1. False! Those of us who have an EDGE, do not gamble.

#31     Dec 21, 2006
  2. It was mentioned on another post that U2 has an EDGE.

#32     Dec 21, 2006
  3. Oops, that's what I get for reading a page and a half.

#33     Dec 21, 2006
  4. Ok, this is not an edge, this is a 'system', BIG difference.

#34     Dec 21, 2006
  5. A system is a tool made for exploiting an edge in an efficient manner, without a system an edge is useless, since you need the proper methodology to implement your edge. ...

#35     Dec 21, 2006
  6. hels02

hels02

Ouch. Sorry to hear of your loss. Biotech really bugs me out, because it does that. I used to play them the most, til I got my fingers burned off. Now I keep my little bloody stumps in slightly less volatile sectors. While I love to gamble, I'm really a very sore loser. :D

#36     Dec 21, 2006
  7. Agreed.

Also, in regards to swingtrading, why not have a stop already in place once you entered the position. Especially with the crazy biotechs. I started putting in 10%/key support stops and I am glad I did it cause sometimes Im not around to see what's going on. Saved me some big losses.

#37     Dec 21, 2006
  8. Hey VP... I thought you an momoney had disappeared off the face of ET :) where have you been the past three months? somewhere warm :D

#38     Dec 21, 2006
  9. VP, what if vols go against you before you unload the paper? :) Just teasing.

How's making markets treating you these days? Won't be too pretty come January.

Good to hear from you.

#39     Dec 21, 2006
  10. Interesting thread, to say the least !
    My intention was to share an experience on a trade which turned out as a loss.
    I just would like to thank those who gave me some advice and those who thanked me for sharing.
    For some others, I just hope that they trade better than they read !
    I 'll see you all on another thread.

#40     Dec 22, 2006