lesson in economics that even a simple minded right winger can understand

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Who should be allowed money? Those who have worked and saved, and took risks. Those who believe in workfare, not welfare, absolutely. Hunger should not exist in this Country, leaving the analogy a bit, but health care should not be a concern either, IMO. I would rather my people had their own health care rather than my having to negotiate for it, or provide cash for it, which is what would happen with single payer, but I regress.

Yes, borrowing costs, even though kept artificially low by the FED, IMO, will eventually lead to some changes, if we don't put a stop to wasteful spending, wars, subsidies to the oil companies, and yes, even many entitlement programs. Not Draconian, but planned.

#71     Aug 17, 2012
  2. Pure pie in the sky stupidity.

I'd be wealthier than warren B if I had $100 for every idiot who thinks food and healthcare are unlimited resources, but that wouldn't make it any more valid a belief.

#72     Aug 17, 2012
  3. That means some would starve, sir, while the government pays farmers not to grow some things.

#73     Aug 17, 2012
  4. I would like to hear from those who claim to understand the business of farming, here on ET. Analysis of how the GOP can continue to justify the paying of cash to farmers to not grow crops. Even the days of Govmint Cheese are pretty much over, I think. Storing of food costs so much, so just pay them to plow over the fields. And don't be so foolish as to imply that by plowing over it keeps the soil in better shape for next year's crops.

I am all for helping the family farmers, even small co-ops, but Big Ag, not so much. They make so much in other aspects of their business, big mark ups and more.

#74     Aug 18, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

As far as I know farmers are now being paid TO grow crops, and paying them to not grow crops is a thing of the past. Perhaps there are some exceptions, I don't know about all crops, but this is the case for the staple grains.

#75     Aug 18, 2012