Less than 20% fall in home prices will destroy the banking system?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by moo, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. people are managing their finances just like the US is. Keep spending as much as you can with no regard for the future. The reserve is unique in that it can print more money which it does 24/7. Maybe they will install money printing machines in these subprime properties?

#221     Apr 5, 2007
  2. blast19

blast19

Great idea! Cut profit margins and retain teaser rates on loans! Too bad most of these loans aren't owned by the lenders anymore. They dumped them to investors and it's more complicated than that...that's a huge desperation move by that company and clearly a signal that things are going to get a lot worse. Nice try dipshit. :D

You're a moron.

#222     Apr 5, 2007
  3. volente_00

volente_00

You've only been trading 2 years in one of the easiest bull markets since 99. And even though you think you already know everything , you still have a lot to learn.

#223     Apr 5, 2007
  4. volente_00

volente_00

Blaster, you are a trip. Why are you so negative ? Surely making 10k more than a NYC garbage man and renting a rathole in manhattan should have you very happy. Why the bitterness ?

#224     Apr 5, 2007
  5. blast19

blast19

Negative? I'm a realist. You're are an idiot...that's real. Even a mental midget like you should be able to understand that. Don't you have some more fake money to go lose? LMAO! :D

#225     Apr 5, 2007
  6. blast19

blast19

Are you stalking me? That's kind of sad. I don't profess to know everything at all...nor did I ever say that. Keep making up things...blah blah blah. :D

#226     Apr 5, 2007
  7. volente_00

volente_00

How much is the profit margin on a defualted mortgage ?
    You do realize all of those loans owned by merril etc are serviced by an outside company. What do you think the holders will choose to do ? Let those loans default in their portfolio ? The last thing they want is to be stuck holding 500k houses in SD that are only worth 400k.

#227     Apr 5, 2007
  8. volente_00

volente_00

That's the American dream ! Buy now pay later. And the govt supports it by backing loan programs that let you only put 3% down. No wonder blast wants to leave the US.

#228     Apr 5, 2007
  9. blast19

blast19

I can't believe you are still talking about San Diego or real estate. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Most of the loans that will be defaulted on were sold off to a number of different investors. This is going to impact bonds, MBSs, future investments, credit, etc. You're a putz...va fanculo :D

#229     Apr 5, 2007
  10. volente_00

volente_00

And you think those that hold the loans can't modify repayment terms in order to not get screwed ? You truly are ignorant.

#230     Apr 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.