lenny dystra reportedly broke and risk losing home, but still writing for thestreet

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mahram, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jsv416

jsv416

#11     Apr 16, 2009
  2. Pretty damn funny article. "Nails" - what a character! :p

... Lenny, it seems, does not exactly have a handle on the cash-flow aspect of running his business. I’m informed by other employees that I should deposit my paycheck as soon as I receive it, as Lenny sometimes moves money out of his accounts, and once it’s gone—well, good luck. Previous employees, I learn, have left when their paychecks never materialized; Lenny openly calls such employees “losers,”...

#12     Apr 16, 2009
  3. sounds like the prick should be in jail. cant believe cramer gives him credibility.

#13     Apr 16, 2009
  4. The picture on his site even has the hat with the Maybach logo as mentioned in the article! What a clown.

#14     Apr 16, 2009
  5. Agreed.

Cramer, has credibility? :D

#15     Apr 16, 2009
  6. Mnphats

Mnphats

Thanks for the link good read.

#16     Apr 16, 2009
  7. AK100

AK100

Sorry but that's just WRONG.

He's half thai so that only makes him half a spear-chucker :)

#17     Apr 16, 2009
  8. Meet The Team

Lenny HeadshotLenny Dykstra is the founder of Nails on the Numbers and its parent company Nails Investments. Lenny first became famous for his grit and hustle on the baseball diamond and helped lead the 1986 New York Mets to a World Series championship and the 1993 Philadelphia Phillies to a National League title. After hanging up his cleats, Lenny opened a chain of extremely successful high-end carwashes before taking on Wall Street.

"taking on" huh..

#18     Apr 16, 2009

9. cramer cant "give" anyone credibility, as he was exposed everywhere as a clueless clown.
    cramer can only endorse stupidity

#19     Apr 16, 2009
  10. lrm21

lrm21

What a dirtbag, uses an employees CC for a private jet. LOL :p

That feeling lasts exactly three days. At about 3:30 p.m. on the Saturday before Labor Day, I receive a call from Lenny. Speaking in a voice even more slurred than usual, he says: “Hey, bro, a guy from this jet company is going to call you in a few minutes and ask for your credit card.”

“What the hell for, Lenny?”

“He’s not going to charge your card, bro. It’s just an authorization on it so I can reserve a private jet to get me to Atlanta, where I’m going to pick up half a million dollars in cash.”

This is pretty much the precise moment when things begin to go wrong—when I should’ve realized that no matter how enthralled I was with the idea of working for Nails and his high-rolling magazine, I should’ve simply said no. I ask why a supposed multimillionaire needs an employee’s credit card for his flights. He mumbles something about having “high-limit cards off the charts” that, for reasons unknown, do not allow him to make telephone authorizations.

“Lenny, I’m trusting you to do right by me. I don’t want to be stuck with these charges,” I say.

“You can trust me with your life, bro,” he replies. And then: “Don’t tell anyone about this, okay?”

On the Tuesday after Labor Day, I receive a call from the charter-jet company that my credit card has been denied for new authorizations over $22,000. I correct the man on the phone: “No, there should be only one authorization, for $13,000 or $14,000.”

“Mr. Coughlin,” he says, “Mr. Dykstra has requested another flight from Helena, Montana, to Atlanta, in the amount of $22,937.”

Lenny, it turns out, has made a personal stop in Montana, on my credit, to spend some time with his son Cutter, who plays for the Helena Brewers, a minor league affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. I call Lenny, who assures me that it’s only an authorization, not a charge. I remind him that using my credit card information without my permission is credit card fraud.

“Bro,” he says. “I’m going to Atlanta to pick up half a million dollars in cash. You’re going to make the easiest five grand you’ve ever made in your life.”

#20     Apr 16, 2009