Leningrad — Ebubab

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and TV' started by qxr1011, May 30, 2018.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

2. I never visited Russia,but sometimes travel to countries of former Yugoslavia,you will understand the language

3. qxr1011

qxr1011

not bad, but the language is quite different from Russian, i understood just a few words

4. qxr1011

qxr1011

here is another one, clip is imho more interesting than the song, especially it has English subtitles

5. My understanding was that some words are similar.
    I am a foreigner in this region and also in Hungary where I reside.Got used to hearing language which i have no idea what is being said.

Few weeks ago in Novi Sad (Serbia) i was eating in the restaurant and i heard a song and all i could understand was 2 words "Al Capone".

6. qxr1011

qxr1011

I did not get any words, (except al capone ofcouse)

but immediately recognized Marshal Tito :)

Tito was not too bad imho (he was not stalin or mao , not even close) , and Yugoslavia in the social camp was considered almost the capitalist country :)

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Soviets all went to Yugoslavia to get their VCR tapes and cool shoes during Communism! But the language is completely different.

8. qxr1011

qxr1011

first off, most soviets would never get permission to leave the country, you would be told: why the fuck u need Yugoslavia? we have a lot nice places here... :)

secondly, who could afford to go to Yugoslavia? only some party officials or their family members or some famous people, but they had the special stores available to them, where they could buy the same VCR

so for the most soviets the trip to Yugo was almost available as for the most Americans the trip to the moon - theoretically possible , but practically - not feasible