Lehman's Fuld Testifies

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bit, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Waxman read excerpts from Lehman documents in which a recommendation that top management should forgo bonuses was apparently brushed aside. He also cited a Sept. 11 request to Lehman's compensation board that three executives leaving the company be given $20 million in "special payments."

"In other words, even as Mr. Fuld was pleading with Secretary Paulson for a federal rescue, Lehman continued to squander millions on executive compensation," Waxman said before Fuld appeared as a witness.

#21     Oct 6, 2008
  2. They went bk for 630b. 60 million a year is chump change

#22     Oct 6, 2008
  3. It's all a show for the public. Were on the job Mr & Mrs voter, were going to question this bad bad man.

I've seen enough, if you ask me Paulson got rid of Goldmans compitition. I would bet Goldman spread the rumors.

#23     Oct 6, 2008
  4. bxptone

bxptone

NOOOOOOOOOO YOUR AN IDIOT. WAXMAN IS THE ONLY REASON THIS IS HAPPENING AT ALL. He's the reason we are not Russia already and why Bush is not the Czar.

Brain dead people on ET repeating the words of even more DEAD BRAIN PEOPLE ON MSNBC. Especiall Matt Nesto the fat slob that obviously gets no excercise except for reaching for the coffee mug every morning. What dumb ass he is.

Waxman does the most improtant yet BORING things in congress. He's one of the very few in congress that bothers to go after anyone. What dumbass people in this country. No wonder Bush got elected, TWICE!

#24     Oct 6, 2008
  5. bxptone

bxptone

Yeah then they do ABSOLUTELY nothing, and still get killed by the public and media. I'll tell you what's been a show for the public. Bush's presidency for the past 8 years. "Everything is great!" "Everyone should own a home!" (NOT, JUST PEOPLE THAT DESERVEDIT) " Mission Accomplished", "Our economy is fundamentally sound" "The markets are sound"

Jesus I can go on and on with that guy. Did anything that came out of Bush's mouth in EIGHT YEARS, have an ounce of truth to it?
    FOR EIGHT YEARS OUR PRESIDENT LIED, and most dummy Americans ate it up, now it's too late. That was one hell of a show!

#25     Oct 6, 2008
  6. TT1

TT1

NO, BXPTONE YOUR THE IDIOT WHO HAS NO FUCKING CLUE!!!!

WAXMAN'S FIRST QUESTION TO FULD WAS ABOUT HIS COMPNSATION FOR THE LAST 10 YRS.. WTF!!!

FINALLY AFTER 30 MINS OF BS, CAROLYN MALONEY OF NEW YORK ASK A RELEVANT QUESTION ABOUT REGULAOTRY FAVORS BY THE SEC TO INCREASE CAPITAL LEVERAGE FOR THE LARGEST 4 INVESTMENT BANKS FROM 10:1 TO 30-40:1...

THE SEC'S AND CONGRESS'S LACK OF REGULATORY TEETH AND OVERSITE IS WHY THE USA AND WORLD IS IN THIS MESS...

YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THAT!!!

:mad:

#26     Oct 6, 2008
  7. he must have been a good liar.

#27     Oct 6, 2008
  8. What a stupid motherf**ker this guy is.

Wait - maybe he's actually brilliant - a half billion dollar pay package is worth a little humiliation looking like a wretched, vermon criminal...

...as long as you don't roast in the afterlife.

#28     Oct 6, 2008
  9. He isn't done with the DOJ yet. This guy could be looking at lockdown. It just depends what shows up.

Remember, bunch of grand juries out.

#29     Oct 6, 2008
  10. It's not a crime to go bk. outragous compensation is not a crime unless perhaps you're a non profit. They probably won't even be able to prove any type of fraud.

#30     Oct 6, 2008