Lehman to be sold by the government.....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Red_Ink_inc, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

it will end when nanci pelosi is running the proprietary trading desk of goldman sachs :cool:

#31     Sep 11, 2008
  2. zdreg

zdreg

a new currency called the united zimbabwe dollar

#32     Sep 11, 2008
  3. The foul stench of the PPT has once again infiltrated into the free markets.

#33     Sep 11, 2008
  4. newbunch

newbunch

Better $3 a share than nothing.....

#34     Sep 11, 2008
  5. i stand corrected

Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. boss Richard Fuld Jr. long encouraged his employees to share in the ownership of the 158-year-old firm. With Lehman's stock hovering at $4 a share, its 24,000 employees have now lost an estimated $10 billion or more in paper wealth.

The immense losses have taken a toll on top executives and rank-and-file alike, who collectively own roughly 25% of the company. "We're all a lot poorer," lamented one top banker Thursday.

That includes Mr. Fuld himself, who over 41 years at the firm accumulated 10.9 million shares, or roughly 1.4% of shares outstanding. The value of those shares is now $45.8 million, a paper loss of $649.2 million, or 93%, since Jan. 31.

#35     Sep 11, 2008
  6. question: is that building in times square LEH corp HQ, the same building that Arthur Andersen started to build before they went bankrupt?

#36     Sep 11, 2008
  7. I just hope some bank come and invest in it
    We middle class people have lost a lot of money
    I know people who have bought the shares at $14 $12 and $8 my self.
    Thinking it is a superb buy just to look at my portfilio the next morning to see it down $3 WTF
    A 7.25 how low can it go thinking it would atleast go to $12 back
    I dont know what george soros is up to I know he added like $10 Million worth shares.
    Lookng at a 158 yea old company collaspe is not good new :(
    Even Merril lynch is like $ 19.20 i had bought it for $34
    I dont know how the government is handling all these financial problem but i can tell you a lot of small people are getting hurt like me :(

#37     Sep 11, 2008
  8. Wow. Here we have the U.S. Government 'arranging the sale' of private firms to other private firms.

This is so Orwellian it's surreal.

#38     Sep 11, 2008
  9. dont they have to anyway? i mean bank of china or a private equity company may try to sneak in with a good bid. But the fed would have to approve of the deal since they would be letting some new company have access to the fed window. and whatever else could go wrong.

plus if say hsbc comes to the table tomrrow the us government could brief them on Lehs book and ect.

#39     Sep 11, 2008
  10. cszulc

cszulc

$7.00 will be the sale price. Buy tomorrow morning. (seriously).

The outcome of this will surprise you (to the upside).

I will be back here Sunday night to see if I am right.

#40     Sep 11, 2008