Lehman Emergency Weekend Meeting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Digs, Jun 14, 2008.

1. pitz

pitz

Explain to me why any firm would want to hire the same bums that drove a bankrupt firm into bankruptcy?

Finance is finance, even a squirrel with a peanut for a brain can lend money. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by raiding other firms for employees.

#11     Jun 15, 2008
  2. mokwit

mokwit

People who are percieved as owning a client relationship.

#12     Jun 15, 2008
  3. wildkactus

wildkactus Guest

I guess your not an employer to be thinking this.

Poaching emplyees is a great idea if you get the right ones, just because the guys at the top are useless, does not mean that there are not worth while people in the organisation worth poaching. plus this way if you get them just before they are fired or made redundent you get them before the rest of the market place does.

In the last few years when times where good every peanut brain got a job on the street, due to lack of talent, now times are tough only those that are worth keeping will be kept, look out for a lot more bar tenders and waiters that were once wall street heros.

#13     Jun 15, 2008
  4. So what's the leak?

Are they being sold?
    Are they bankrupt?
    Just a strategic plan for comeback after earnings?

I want rumours damit, preferably negative ones since I shorted Friday.:D

#14     Jun 15, 2008
  5. careful what you all wish for

#15     Jun 15, 2008
  6. Hahaha. I could not give a shot about what's good for the larger economy. I want LEH at 0 so I have 100% gain on my small position. I also want the dollar to become toilet paper as I am heavily short.

#16     Jun 15, 2008
  7. Plus they deserve it. :D

#17     Jun 15, 2008
  8. Rumor is Warren Buffet might take over LEH, he must feel very good about owning top school Ph.D. - then fire them!

#18     Jun 15, 2008
  9. allin

allin

Amen!

#19     Jun 15, 2008
  10. Well how can one be a critic on themselves...while da Job is be a critic on others.

"Does a Critic ever critizie themselves?"..
    attached a forecast for GS LEH and JPM...next 2 months

#20     Jun 15, 2008