Lehman Commercial out of business?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MrDODGE, Jul 8, 2008.

1. I didn't see that coming. Even if not true, the amount of rumours attacking LEH is amazing.

2. LEH @ 10 by Friday. Dow 10k within 2, 3 weeks, max...if true.

3. You guys love to believe some guy with a picture in a suit on a random blog or message board. Who knows who David Donhoff is? Who knows who any of these people are? I dont know, I stopped caring a while ago.

Instead, now I just play videogames because that seems to have more reality then these message boards ever will.

I wonder if I put up a blog and place my title as leverage planner will I now be an expert...blah

Plus, what kind of tie is this?

[​IMG]

4. this rumor has been out there for nearly 10 hours...don't you think someone in the market would have got a hold of it?

5. I'm short LEH and as much as I would love to see the stock go down I wouldn't be surprised for it to rally on news of layoffs and closure of sub divisions.

6. Explain why the YM is down 70+ if that isn't the reason.

7. not trying to shoot the messenger at all. i'm just saying it was posted much earlier today. i would love to see a leh crash as much as anyone. i just wish it would have happened yesterday when i got stuck short stuff over the weekend! :D

8. I bought some gold as well, the runour still has a few hours to go before the no doubt far more less interesting facts come out. LOL

9. capmac

capmac

Lehman Brothers: Platts review bars Lehman from key oil trade window - Reuters (22.41 -0.44) : Reuters reports that the energy pricing agency Platts has put LEH under a temporary review that effectively excludes it under a temporary review from trading benchmark-setting oil contracts, four sources close to the matter said on Monday. The exact cause of the move was not immediately clear, although the practice of disallowing a market player from trading during Platts' price-setting window is relatively common and can be imposed for a variety of reasons, from credit issues to trade disputes to shipment technicalities. But it will be a setback for the No. 4 Wall Street bank, which has strived in recent years to build up a commodity and energy trading division to rival that of the long-standing giants GS and MS, and has seen its shares slump by nearly two-thirds on write-downs. A Lehman spokeswoman was not immediately able to comment, while Platts declined to confirm or deny the review on Lehman.

#10     Jul 8, 2008