Lehman and Dick Fulf Face 3 Grand Jury Investigations

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 17, 2008.

1. "Lehman only had $158B worth of bonds, but there was more than DOUBLE the amount of "insurance" against the debt. Meaning each bond was "insured" twice."

Any comments. Was this sop or re insurance?

#11     Oct 18, 2008
  2. SOP

#12     Oct 18, 2008
  3. If these bonds were insured twice would they receive a higher rating?

#13     Oct 18, 2008
  4. achilles28

achilles28

If a Public or Private lawyer can prove fraud or willful negligence, Let Them Hang.

Unfortunately, this will be a sacrificial show trial meant to quell Public Outrage.

No way in hell it goes up the food chain.

But I hope to God it does.

Grand Juries are America's last Legal Hope to this Nightmare.

#14     Oct 18, 2008
  5. http://blogs.ft.com/gapperblog/2008/10/a-review-of-dick-fuld-on-capitol-hill/

As a former LB Employee (Up until 9/2008), I have to say I do not blame Dick Fuld. Lehman did NOT do anything that every other wall street firm and for that matter banks around the country didn’t do. If Lehman didn’t increase their balance sheet over the years, we would have been bullied out of the market because as I already mentioned everyone else on the street was doing the same thing. Since Clinton signed the bill which counteracted the Glass-Steagall the I-Banks like Lehman had to beef up their balance sheets to be more like the commercial banks or otherwise they just could not compete.

But I do concede that just because everyone else on the block is doing something doesn’t mean you should do it, I’m merely pointing out the facts.

If you watched the entire 2 hours 10 minutes of Dick Fuld’s testimony you would have saw him say “until the day they put me in the ground I will wonder” (why Lehman was the only major wall st firm not to receive a govt bail out).

As a former Lehman Employee, I have to agree with that. I do not have any facts on this, but I do hope that the govt investigates why the FED/Treasury did not bail out Lehman, which as most people will agree at this point definitely contributed in a big way to the credit crisis we are currently in and why instead of investing 10’s of billions of dollars to save Lehman (as was given to Bear, AIG), we now have to pay for a 700 billion bail out…

As for me I will miss the company. It was a great company to work for and I wish I was still working there!

#15     Oct 19, 2008
  6. Sure. And if your life was insured 10 times, what would it be worth?

#16     Oct 19, 2008
  7. So that's why we pay these overblown compulsive gamblers 400 million over time.

So they can appear , looking very grim, and claim they don't know why they weren't SAVED like some damsel hanging over a waterfall.

F^%k Fuld, and the rest of them, plus the horses they rode in on.

Don't be so fast to brag about working for assholes. You paint yourself with the same used toilet paper.

Fuld and the others should be tried for crimes against the people, and eventually , maybe they will be. The broad who bolted a few months before the end may talk in her sleep.

#17     Oct 19, 2008
  8. #18     Oct 19, 2008