LEH to report earnings tomorrow, WED 7:30am

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by makloda, Sep 9, 2008.

1. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aysiTxYLPsAQ&refer=home

Sept. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. said it will announce third-quarter results and ``key strategic initiatives'' tomorrow, after the stock fell a record 45 percent in New York trading today.

Lehman, the fourth-largest U.S. securities firm, said in a statement that it will report the results at 7:30 a.m. in New York. The firm said it plans to host a conference call at 8 a.m.

Led by Chief Executive Officer Richard Fuld, Lehman has been in negotiations with potential investors about obtaining a capital infusion and selling devalued mortgage assets. The shares fell today after talks with Korea Development Bank ended.

2. = Chapter 11 protection?

3. 45%!!! Where are the execs jumping out windows. I mean the ones who didn't get a "firing" bonus...

4. Daal

Daal

which CEO in their right mind would antecipate an earnings report to drop a bomb?I think they lie one more time

5. no way on earth they post good numbers. nor would the street believe another lie. jmho

6. It was probably moved up for this reason, another week of speculation like this and stock will be at zero before they even have a chance to lie next week.

7. S2007S

S2007S

Its so normal now to see a financial stocks drop 20-50% in a month, a week, or even a single day, reminds me of the dot com days when everything started to fall apart and we saw stocks dropping to the single digits. Eventually a bottom was found.

8. ....and many dot coms lost their ticker symbol.....hard to believe it's happening to the financials......Bear, Countrywide, Fannie, Freddie......Leh(hope it's tomorrow :D ) WaMu.....what's happening here

9. they will report a smaller than anticipated write down... and they will rally lmao

10. Daal

Daal

if their liquidity were in trouble fuld would've sold already. he clearly thinks he can wait. now that the stock is plummeting he is capitulating, I bet he will try to pump the stock tomorrow making all kinds of statements and no big writedown

#10     Sep 9, 2008