LEH naked jan call, need advise on exiting

Discussion in 'Options' started by newguy05, Dec 26, 2007.

1. 10 contracts is more manageable for you to follow than 40 even though 10 is still big if you are just learning. If I read it right you have 10 60/70 bull call spreads so now you need LEH to cooperate. With LEH at 64.45 or so it is good. I do not remember what your net rolled into debit it so not sure where you profit at expiration is but you should try and calculate your net debit for the rolled into spread so you know the risk/reward now and where your expiration breakeven point is.

The biggest thing you have to remember is that you are trading off of the underlying stock. If the stock collapses you have to have an UNCLE point on the chart where you will bail. For example if support is taken out hard then more downside is likely which will hurt the call position and you bail.

This will help you set up a stop loss point if you are working off the LEH chart when you first open the position.

#21     Dec 28, 2007
  2. jj90

jj90

The guy is a comedian. Cheers, bud. Can you also explain why water is wet?

#22     Dec 28, 2007
  3. Plagued by CYOF/ATEHT yet again. Recall that he's the guy who blew-up shorting puts on the housing stocks.

#23     Dec 28, 2007
  4. CYOF ? Really ? LOL , thought so

#24     Dec 28, 2007
  5. #25     Dec 28, 2007
  6. www.hookedonphonics.com

There are quite a few trades available simply by clicking on the ET links in my last post. The question is why should I post my option trades. I certainly have nothing to gain in doing so.

#26     Dec 28, 2007
    #27     Dec 28, 2007
  8. Very few people will post live trades because they don't want their ET reputation tarnished with losing trades. I have posted a few live trades and other posters will try and discredit any future posts you make by linking back to any losing trades while ignoring the winning trades. As in this case with me: Analyse a straddle It gets ugly on page 4 and continues to the end. daddy'sboy must have had personal problems to use his last 7 ET posts attacking me and using his time to search my 900+ posts for dirt.

This wasn't the first time this happened to me and it wont be the last, but that's the risk you take with posting live trades were numbers can't be fudged.

#28     Dec 28, 2007
  9. atticus ...... What is that supposed to mean?

#29     Dec 28, 2007
  10. jj90

jj90

I shall gladly do so if you should remove the half of yours from your ass as well. While your at it, you might want to tell the half of your brain in your ass to find the other half that got shitted out.

Somebody quote that please.

#30     Dec 28, 2007