LEH is a great franchise and Wall Street will not let it go the way of BSC

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LondonHedger, Sep 11, 2008.

1. not far from the truth...apart from beanie hat. Normally meet at the gentlemens club you know the one. :)

#41     Sep 13, 2008
  2. Daal

Daal

It look more and more that they will do this LTCM style. everybody buys a 5%-10% stake and they collectively decide to take the losses beyond LEH's book value(I bet nobody will walk away this time though, lol), that way they wont need a big bank that can absorp the assets and liabities. this doesn't look good for shareholders...

#42     Sep 13, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

http://www.scoresny.com/ :eek:

#43     Sep 13, 2008
  4. dhpar

dhpar

that's a good one. :D

#44     Sep 13, 2008
  5. cszulc

cszulc

Meeting between Fed, Treasury, market participants on Lehman resumed on Saturday: Fed official 12:13pm EDT (Reuters)

#45     Sep 13, 2008

6. NO!!!

The Fed must print money and give it to the subprime homeowners so they can pay back the loans - problem SOLVED!!

Why give it only to financial companies - looks too elitist....

LEH can then give Fuld and friends big bonuses for saving the company from the shit they put it into!

Then everybody's happy!:D

#46     Sep 13, 2008
  7. I continue to be astounded by the stupidity and ignorance of 99% of the people who post on this forum, as well as by most so called financial markets bloggers. It's not surprising that there are so many posts from people asking whether they have any chance of making it as traders or should they go back to their former jobs as burger flippers or public toilet cleaners.

I also find it amazing how strongly and bitterly so many wish investment banks will keep failing a la BSC. My guess is that this is a very vocal minority of losers who resent not being able to partake in the big paychecks and bonuses common in the investment banking business. Sour grapes.

The funny thing is, investment banking is actually a great equalizer. Unlike most other industries, it's open to anyone from ANY background with brains and a decent education (which judging from the spelling and content of these posts most of you clearly lack.) You don't necessarily need an Ivy League education to get into and succeed in inv. banking, just the perseverance and the brains.

Next week will be very interesting re. LEH.

#47     Sep 13, 2008
  8. If this event occurs you will see the mother of all rallies. I was tempted to go long some index calls as we will likely see some resolution by monday. I would never bet against Tim Geitner. I don't understand where you are getting your share price from. I am guessing $10.00 is generous (this is a pure guess for you shorts). Can anyone tell me what the value of LEH really is ? How much toxic debt to they actually have?

#48     Sep 13, 2008
  9. western

western

Please let us know exactly how many shares of LEH you own and at what cost basis.

It will be that much more hilarious to us when it opens on monday at $0.50 after having been split up and taken over piecemeal.

#49     Sep 13, 2008
  10. It's subject to whatever "news" comes out.

But the bonuses given for making so much money off subprime CDO's and CMO's is great! Who can argue that the economy isn't better for the value-added by these captains of industry!!:D

#50     Sep 13, 2008