LEH is a great franchise and Wall Street will not let it go the way of BSC

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LondonHedger, Sep 11, 2008.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Looking at what they did with LEH and WM these past few days, me thinks those summer short sale rules will be returning any day now. It may be too late for these 2 but it might prevent others from melting down.

#11     Sep 11, 2008
  2. Sir..

Your smoking some insane hasheesh!

I gotta tell ya.

go and enjoy the high... don't waste it posting nonsence on ET.

#12     Sep 11, 2008
  3. just21

just21

That was a 19 day holiday for PPT they are back at work now!

#13     Sep 11, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

$35 would be a black swan event. why not?
    it would end all this talk about tightening the rules on short sellers. that would be a real black swan event.

#14     Sep 11, 2008
  5. I'll take three please!

#15     Sep 11, 2008
  6. What I do not understand is how "Traders" can justify their idea that FNM/FRE, LEH, MER, WAMU are going to actually be around in a year?

How thick or how thick is the sand that the majority have their heads in?

Why do you think BUFFET just backed off and shut down his "INSURANCE" division that was insuring at a higher level than the FDIC. Buffet pulled the plug on that nifty idea.

This is going to be a long drawn out recession with major banks going under, being "bought"out. LEH alone is laying off over 40% of its work force.

The "STREET" is about to be purged in numbers never witnessed before, not during the Great Crash and will dwarf the post 911 lay offs.

If you are in the "FINANCIAL" world and deal with CDO's, STOCKS, BONDS, OPTIONS and a number of other "Typical" investment vehicals, you better watch your back. The AX man may be around the corner.

We need this "WASHOUT". We need to rid Wall Street and the Banking institution of the corrupted, un-ethical, idiots who run it.
    Capitalism has been hijacked by the "Intellectual" fools who think that Fancy Mathamatics and Models to leverage.

Game over. Those of us left standing will have opportunties beyound our wildest dreams. But first, 5 to 10 years of "Washout" process will have to pass.

#16     Sep 11, 2008
  7. Red,
    I can assure you that you don't want what this guy is on. It's called acid and he dropped one too many. As a consequence his brain is completely fried as evidenced by these wild fucking halucinations this dude is having. HAHA LOLOL

#17     Sep 11, 2008
  8. couldnt agree more

the lesson needs to be, that that crap doesnt work, and you end up broke or in jail, not bailed out by money stolen from people who act responsibly

#18     Sep 11, 2008
  9. I don't think any of you understand either the investment banking or the trading business.

LEH will be acquired at a huge premium to $4 and the stock will far exceed that once the deal is announced. Considering the huge volumes this week and that neither institutions nor LEH employees have been selling, there must be an enormous amount of naked short positions out there. Many people will get slaughtered come Monday.

I also give a high likelihood of a close above $7 today.

Good luck to y'all.

#19     Sep 12, 2008
  10. Sponger

Sponger

Nice post, spoken like someone actually in the biz...there are, believe it or not, a few left on this site:p

#20     Sep 12, 2008