Legit or no?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ksmetana, May 25, 2012.

1. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Do you even know what size I was talking about? Of course no firm is going to start a new guy with 10 mm.

I asked the guy a question....keepa your moutha shut til he answers.

#31     Jun 1, 2012
  2. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Bingo.

5 to 15 shares of stock = Laughable.

#32     Jun 1, 2012
  3. hitnrun

hitnrun

he is not going to give up the name . his big secret it seems

most likely the firm is maverick trading in utah which charges for their options course
    its a pm retail account with the retail brokerage firm ib

they pass thru the commissions from ib & make their money on profitibility of the trader with the 80/20 split deal

In this case you pay for their course & that off sets any losses by a trader

a legal structure since its a pass thru comm from the broker ib with no markups

If that is who is talking about ?
    so out comes the checkbook in any event to trade with them , no free lunch
    the scoop i was told in talking with one of the owners early last year

#33     Jun 1, 2012
  4. hahaha yes, my big secret. I keep no secrets, go read my trading journal on ET, I hold nothing back. Sorry for my slow responses, I don't check this site as much as I used to. Calm down.

The company has already been mentioned: Tower Hill.

Maverick actually told me to inquire with them some time ago, and I did, and finally they got back to me.

They have not mentioned anything about a trading cost. The only cost I'm aware of would be the flight to chicago and hotel acccomodations during the 2 week in-office training.

If they are holding out information, then so be it haha.

If the terms are legit, it sounds like the best deal out there for a new trader.

I have not yet signed with them or anything, because I am considering going back to school for my MBA so that I can get a salary job in the markets.

Might Tower Hill have a crappy side? Maybe, I don't know. I do know that most prop firms have a crappy side, so its to be expected.
    The industry is BS, but it can't be avoided, so only two things matter:
    1. The terms
    and
    2. The technology and support

I don't know how reliable their service / support is, so I can't comment on that. But the terms sound pretty damn decent from what I can tell.

And to you guys who say "open a futures account..." I am not new to this arena, I have traded for a firm and I've already had a futures account. Futures are great for the independent trader, but you miss out on so much opportunity.

#34     Jun 2, 2012
  5. illmighty

illmighty

I was under the impression Tower Hill doesn't do remote at the moment (what I was told a couple months ago)? Has their 'policy' changed recently? Just wondering since you had mentioned the flight and 2 week training. TIA.

#35     Jun 2, 2012
  6. hitnrun

hitnrun

Ksmetana

I did not insult you, but since you want to act like a child . here is a reality check for you

You have no prayer with Tower Hill They don't hire losers

Your a failed trader that can't even make money with you 3 k account with t3

Go back to trying to get the girl of your dreams. I guess your still trying to get laid for the first time.
    we all read your pathetic thread about trying to trade & get the girl , hilarious ramblings

maybe get a job & move out from your parents is the first step in becoming a man for once

trading is not for you & everyone knows it But you . time to wake up to the real world

#36     Jun 2, 2012
  7. If you're going to spend the time and cost to fly to Chicago, then you may want to inquire with other firms to compare. Maverick posted a list of Chicago firms on another thread, check it out.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3477830#post3477830

#37     Jun 2, 2012
  8. hitnrun

hitnrun

he should forward his thread on his journey in becoming a trader to tower hill

they will hire him with a salary & pay all expenses for him to relocate to chicago
    talented traders like him are rare to find & they can't wait for him to join the team

#38     Jun 2, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Kurt, I have not heard many good things about Tower Hill. I know a few people that interviewed there and it looked bleak in their office. From what I heard they stop you out at like a $50 a day loss and fire guys after 3 months if you are down a little bit in the account. I would think T3 was a better setup.

I believe the owners of Tower Hill are connected with Avatar. I think Avatar was started by some former Tower Hill traders. I'm not sure what you like about this setup. Nobody in Chicago wants to trade there. Hell, very few people I know in Chicago have even heard of them and this is a trader's town.

#39     Jun 2, 2012
  10. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

From what I understand from people who interviewed with Tower Hill is they have guys trading 5-15 shares to start. That is unheard of...in a real bad way. After you prove yourself you go up to 30-50 shares.....yes..that is shares of equities. There is a reason Mav said the place is empty. Don't waste your time with a firm who doesn't have the capital to trade or the confidence to back guys with real money.

#40     Jun 2, 2012