legit chat rooms?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by dafishman, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Been away from trading a longgggg time. Anyways, (I know better BUT), does anyone recommend a GOOD trading room that either teaches you or has profitable and consistent calls for a fee?

I just want to know if right now someone is using a good room.

Appreciate the info.

2. JackRab

JackRab

I think @creditcard pretends to have good calls in ES/SPY... :p:D

3. May I extend the question:
    Anyone know good chat rooms where traders/investors can connect and talk to each other in a serious/frank way. (Not asking for people to call out trades or things, just good honest helpful chat).

Thank you.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Et chat room

K-Pia and dealmaker like this.
  5. Find a paid one, like a mentorship in some way. -- You won't find quality or direct talk in a random free trading chat room.
    But most, if not all, of those are bs...in my opinion -- you should really learn on your own.
    I just come here for small talk and to pass time, nothing major or serious.

Most traders prefer not to talk about their trades, unless they are trying to sell you something.
    I mean...what is their to talk about, really... o_O:sneaky: -- you place a trade and manage it. and repeat. it's not that sexy or exciting to talk about.

I prefer to talk about hindsight actual Results only. -- it's like a sports match...I personally don't care to watch the whole thing...I just care about the bottom line score.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.
  6. Yeah, I agree when it comes to learning which trade to make or trying to get advice on what to buy/sell/etc. But I'm mainly looking for general real-time chat on non-trade-specific topics. I.e.:

Anyone notice that spike in SPY on the close yesterday? Any ideas why?
    Anyone have any idea why the talking head on CNBC was going on about an Iron Condor contract on AAPL ?

Things like that. General real time chit chat.

(Maybe I'm lonely. I don't work in an office anymore :p )

7. I've heard good things about The Trading Zone. I'm planing to take there free trial soon. Here's the website: http://thetradingzone.com/

8. There may be some, however I would hesitate to believe any would be profitable in the medium-long term. The most sustainable way to make money trading is to think for yourself, and receive mentorship on your framework and thought process. I can't offer you any chat room suggestions, though can help with the latter - teaching you the confidence and framework to trade. PM me if you are interested.

jlancaster likes this.
  9. T3-Jeff

T3-Jeff T3 Trading Group

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

There is no trading room with longer than 3 years profitable track record. You might be able to find a few with 1-2 years, but anything over 3 years is non-existent.

At tradingschools.org you might find 5-7 rooms recommended, but most of them are in a rough patch, see the previous statement....

#10     Jul 22, 2016