Legalize all drugs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainMaker3000, May 17, 2020.

1. As it would cut the criminal element associated with dealing drugs, whos to tell another person what is good for them? The last time I checked, alcohol kills more people than any other drug. Most people die from over dozes or become addicted because it is illegal. Sigmund Freud regularly did pure cocaine, yet people call him the founder of modern-day psychoanalysis. I'm almost certain Albert Einstein did mushrooms once in a while.

2. Nobert

Nobert

haha, don't know about that one, but sounds funny.

Hmnn, never used em nor do i need. The myth that those substances increases creativity is incorrect. Creativity is in-born.
    Thinking outside of the box , could be learned (or at least partially learned), by ,,attacking'' limiting beliefs. Also studies shows that people who start business in new cities, tends to do better. New resources, new people, - changes perspective.

Legalizing would be a benefit to the tax system.
    And a strike to the underground scums.

Used to live in Netherlands for 3 years. Lots of stuff is legal there. And society didn't ended up being junkies/crackheads.

Don't know the actual data on that tho.
    If anyone has it at all. The % of population, compering with other nations/countries, that scores lower among iq tests, or increase in brain diseases.

Since they smoke a lot of weed.

And studies have show, that a prolonged usage of it, causes, literally, holes/dark areas to appear in the brain
    (strong usage for +10 years)

It's also quite easy, to recognize/separate, the smoking ones, from those who are ,,clean''.

As i look down on what i wrote, all of this is a very fade/blur knowledge on the topic, but, probably better, than - i have no opinion at all.
    (not that i care too much in the first place)

They can't fight it, or the fight is a loosing war, so legalizing would be a win/win for all sides.
    (except criminals, hehe)

3. wartrace

wartrace

I think drugs should be decriminalized and sold in a regulated marketplace as we do with liquor.
    DEA employs 10,169 people, the private prison industry depends on inmates for revenue and employs thousands, thousands of criminal defense lawyers and prosecutors earn a good living off the war on drugs. Local police departments earn a good chunk of change confiscating assets they deem "drug related". Nobody mentioned above wants to see an end to the "War on drugs".

Cuddles and Nobert like this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

Then there is only one rational solution...

5. It would be interesting to know what drugs you use that you think should be legalized? Your posts make me think you are using something.

6. Alcohol, and cannabis