Legality of Healthcare

Discussion in 'Economics' started by unretired, Mar 1, 2010.

1. One of the stupidest arguments against reform came from a doktor. he said healthcare will be like canada, where you have to wait months for surgery. When right now you can pay money to do that in private clinics next week.

Well what a moron, as if the private component will disappear in the future. As long as there are rich people, there will be private healthcare. And right now private clinic still cost a lot of money. So I don't get how reform will affect it.

Another argument that insurers still cant be sued, but only doctors if denied treatment. At the same time he says this reform wil let costs of insurance spiral out of control. I don't get this doctor is he against insurers or with them. Isn't this bill supposed to keep prices down like a 20% rate hike that actually happened in the current system?

Right now USA spends 18% of GDP at healthcare, most western countries around 12%.

When in 10 years USA rate is down to 12%, then we can say htis bill worked. So there is actually a measure we can use to qualify the success rate of this bill, unlike something like the Iraq war, which so called right-wingers were all to eager to support, and obviously failed.

I also just saw a vid of Glenn Beck calling Obama a racist (saying he "must be one") i can't take anybody serious who now listens to this guy.

#191     Mar 23, 2010